PDA

View Full Version : I have arrived...

tomustang
05-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone, my name's Tom. I was doing some research on lawn care and found this site very informative. My hat is off to you Steve :cool:

For now I will be lurking around, searching through the database for some of my questions. I was a bit amazed at some of the things I've found here thus far.

Tell us about your company.
As for a company, I don't have one, yet. The first step for me is research.

Steve
05-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Hi Tom,

Welcome to our forum.

I was a bit amazed at some of the things I've found here thus far.

What information stood out so far? Which area do you feel you need to know more about and which information is not so important to you?

Scottler
05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Welcome, Tom! You and I are literally at the same step. I've done a lot of research over the past few weeks. This week's task is to file my DBA and get my "authority to tax" certificate. (I wonder where the government hangs theirs!)

Good luck, and stay active exploring the site. There is a WEALTH of information here, I learned a lot just by taking the "Level 1" course!

tomustang
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi Tom,

Welcome to our forum.
Thanks

What information stood out so far?
Your nifty calculators, searching through threads and finding the little knowledgeable tidbits.

Which area do you feel you need to know more about
I'm interested in just mowing right now.
Pricing for jobs would be one of the main focuses. Estimating a yearly maintenance contract would be nice. Equipment reviews, I have no problem fixing anything but I'd rather have something that works and is dependable.

I have seen your nat'l average chart for mowing and well around here most charge by the cut, so I got a little confused there

$45/hr compared to $30/cut average here isn't adding up for me. I think I would do better charging for estimated square foot. 1 foot = $..

which information is not so important to you?

I can always absorb information, the more the better :D

Just a one man outfit job I can do after work. I have a decent paying job with good insurance but need a little more green to advance all around. My hours are picky so after work (3-8pm)would give plenty of time for a few jobs locally. If it picks up who knows what would happen...

Welcome, Tom! You and I are literally at the same step. I've done a lot of research over the past few weeks. This week's task is to file my DBA and get my "authority to tax" certificate. (I wonder where the government hangs theirs!)

Good luck, and stay active exploring the site. There is a WEALTH of information here, I learned a lot just by taking the "Level 1" course!

Good to hear, hope all goes well for you.