PDA

View Full Version : New Print add that worked for me...

TJ930
05-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Here is a copy of an add I ran this spring, I got several leads from this one.

Steve
05-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh that is fantastic!

Can you tell us a little about it? Did you create it? In what kind of publication did you run it in? How long did you run it for?

What would you change on it if you changed anything?

picframer
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM

That is very well done and I am not surprised you are getting calls!

Print ad's in my experience are the way to go, followed by a professionally looking website.

TJ930
05-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh that is fantastic!

Can you tell us a little about it? Did you create it? In what kind of publication did you run it in? How long did you run it for?

What would you change on it if you changed anything?

Our Company is located in the tri-county area of Northwest Indiana and Southwestern Michigan, otherwise known as the Mich(iagn)(Ind)iana Area; hence the Name Michiana Turf. We ran this add for a couple of weeks in each of the three county’s major newspapers, Mid April.

I wrote and designed the copy myself. I purchased the copyrights to the photos, and put it together in my Windows Publisher program. As far as changes, I’m not sure, I think most of the time when it comes to print advertising, less is more.

You don’t want to bore the reader or have them miss something when the glance at the advertisement. The goal here is to grab the attention of the reader and not over think it. Keep it simple.

More often than not, you are over paying for your add space if you have too much info in the copy. Most people skim over the advertisement and do not read every line. So why waste your time effort and MONEY just to flood the consumer with too much information?

I hope this helps…

Steve
05-09-2009, 04:09 AM
That is fantastic! What was the image size when it ran?

Also if other lawn care business owners are considering putting an ad in the paper, do you have any advice as to going color or b/w.

What price range should they expect to pay for doing something similar?

Also, can you get the ad to appear in a certain section or does that not matter?

How long do you suggest running such an ad for?

mulchrevitalizers
04-05-2011, 03:23 PM
That is a nice an clean ad!

jklawncare
04-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Our Company is located in the tri-county area of Northwest Indiana and Southwestern Michigan, otherwise known as the Mich(iagn)(Ind)iana Area; hence the Name Michiana Turf. We ran this add for a couple of weeks in each of the three county’s major newspapers, Mid April.

I wrote and designed the copy myself. I purchased the copyrights to the photos, and put it together in my Windows Publisher program. As far as changes, I’m not sure, I think most of the time when it comes to print advertising, less is more.

You don’t want to bore the reader or have them miss something when the glance at the advertisement. The goal here is to grab the attention of the reader and not over think it. Keep it simple.

More often than not, you are over paying for your add space if you have too much info in the copy. Most people skim over the advertisement and do not read every line. So why waste your time effort and MONEY just to flood the consumer with too much information?

I hope this helps…

Where are you
Im in the same area here

Porter county to be exact..

cruzgardening
04-06-2011, 04:08 AM

great looking ad did you distribute it also? or did u only circulated in the newspapers?