PDA

View Full Version : well i demoed a toro grandstand today

lawn-guy
05-07-2009, 09:27 PM
im not exactly sure what i think about it lol it handled ok a little jerky cut was great and moved around greatly.it has several nice options such as adjustable govener instead of mower cutting off when you let go of the presence switch(safety switch like the one in the seat of a z) just the blades cut off and mower stays running. takes a while to get use to the whole standing up thing mower is very quite and the platform folds up fast and easly to convert mower into a walk behind. the sales man came by and dropped it off today for a few hours for me and its a great mower just not sure if its what i want or not if you are in the market for a new mower call up your toro dealer and ask for a demo and see what you think

turfmaster
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Now go demo a Wright Stander the cadillac of Standers. Great Dane or Everride are pretty good also but Wright in my opinion is the best. Once you get used to Standers you will not want to use a walk behind anymore. :D

lawn-guy
05-07-2009, 11:57 PM
well i actully am looking for a z mower and they told me to try this out so i did

SuperiorPower
05-08-2009, 02:40 AM
well i actully am looking for a z mower and they told me to try this out so i did

no offense but who told you to try it out? The sales man? Like turfmaster said, check into others before you buy one. Wright is one of the best mowers around. Designed by landscapers for landscapers. The owners of wright mowers were landscapers before they were equipment manufacturers. They did not like what was available on the market so they made their own.

Good luck,
Eli

musician/lawnman
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I 2nd the notion! try a Wright! I own a 52" zt & bought a 2nd machine (a 48' wright) last season. I am now getting ready to either A) buy another wright and have 3 machines, or B) sell the ZT to get another wright.

It's a faster more efficient machine. Lighter, quicker, and easier to service.
I am a big fan.

Grandstander
10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
im not exactly sure what i think about it lol it handled ok a little jerky cut was great and moved around greatly.it has several nice options such as adjustable govener instead of mower cutting off when you let go of the presence switch(safety switch like the one in the seat of a z) just the blades cut off and mower stays running. takes a while to get use to the whole standing up thing mower is very quite and the platform folds up fast and easly to convert mower into a walk behind. the sales man came by and dropped it off today for a few hours for me and its a great mower just not sure if its what i want or not if you are in the market for a new mower call up your toro dealer and ask for a demo and see what you think

I walked into the dealership and paid cash for my 52" Grandstand after he let me demo one for 3 days. I put 80 hours of use on this mower in 10 weeks and it paid for itself after 8. The mower does have a learning curve of about 10 hours use but after that you can operate it with one hand while drinking a beer with the other while you do 360's around trees and that is no joke! I have a grasshopper 329 ztr and I'd rather stand on the Toro than sit down in that. I need to make some videos of the hills I climb with this thing and the places I cut with it that no sit-down ztr could ever do. They have incredible power are ultra-tough and make you a lot of money! I plan on buying 2-3 more next year and sending in some college kids to go make me money. I read a ton of reviews before I even demoed one and I'm glad I bought one, IT ROCKS! I haven't tried any other stander but after hearing about other brands and seeing the prices that they charged I laughed. I dam near could have bought two wright standerx's for what I paid for my 52" Grandstand and that's no joke. Hopefully your dealer can work with you like mine does. For the price I paid and the performance the Grandstand dishes out you can't go wrong!

turfmaster
10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
I dam near could have bought two wright standerx's for what I paid for my 52" Grandstand and that's no joke. Hopefully your dealer can work with you like mine does. For the price I paid and the performance the Grandstand dishes out you can't go wrong!

Well if that's true your a fool not to buy the 2 Stander X'S for the price of a Grandstand.

Stander X retails around $7800.00 depending on what time of year.
Comparable Grandstand is about $7100.00. so I don't know where you get your numbers??

Grandstander
10-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Well if that's true your a fool not to buy the 2 Stander X'S for the price of a Grandstand.

Stander X retails around $7800.00 depending on what time of year.
Comparable Grandstand is about $7100.00. so I don't know where you get your numbers??

My mistake I meant to say I could have almost bought two Grandstands for what a wright stander x costs. Yeah I would have been a fool and my mistake. I will correct my original post. $7100.00 for a grandstand 52" dam man the stealership is ripping you off hardcore on that quote...LMFAO

mark123
10-27-2011, 07:47 AM
... $7100.00 for a grandstand 52" dam man the stealership is ripping you off hardcore on that quote...LMFAO
I think I was quoted $5700, if I remember correctly but it was 2 years old according to the HP rating on the engine (23HP).

strength
10-27-2011, 03:03 PM
i had a Great Dane one of the fastest mowers i have owned with a 27 Kohler command i could pop a wheelie but their are no dealer shops a round here so i sold it to by a walk behind wish i never did i looked a a toro stand on but they more $$ than a z turn right or wrong

Grandstander
10-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I think I was quoted $5700, if I remember correctly but it was 2 years old according to the HP rating on the engine (23HP).

I didn't even pay that for a 2011 model with the 24hp kawi in it. I should get my guy to be a wright dealer so he can just give them to me for cost so I can try one of them too.