PDA

View Full Version : Hey New Yorkers...

Scottler
05-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Maybe you can answer this for me. Do we need to collect sales tax here in the Empire State??

According to NYS OPAL (Online Permit Assistance and Licensing), it looks like we do, but I'm not sure. I was wondering what you all know.

Thanks, and sorry for my neurosis. I just want to set up my biz 100% legitimately so it doesn't come back to bite me in the tail later on.

Thanks again!

swstout
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Maybe you can answer this for me. Do we need to collect sales tax here in the Empire State??

According to NYS OPAL (Online Permit Assistance and Licensing), it looks like we do, but I'm not sure. I was wondering what you all know.

Thanks, and sorry for my neurosis. I just want to set up my biz 100% legitimately so it doesn't come back to bite me in the tail later on.

Thanks again!

Yes, you have to collect NYS sales tax. In NY you collect sales tax on material and labor. One of the many reasons I escaped from NY. Most states tax material only! If you do a job that uses $65.00 worth of fertilizer and charge $100.00 to install it, You collect sales tax for $165.00.

And whatever happens, don't be late with your tax payment to the state.

Steve

Scottler
05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks! Yet another form to file!