PDA

View Full Version : Ants

skeltor
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM
How the funken waggles do you kill ants in the house. There not responding to most chemicals other than raid. There very small solid black. Driving me nuts. They don't have good access to food or water. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

swstout
05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
How the funken waggles do you kill ants in the house. There not responding to most chemicals other than raid. There very small solid black. Driving me nuts. They don't have good access to food or water. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a product called Orange Guard that is safe for indor use. Safe around humans, pets, and food (EPA registered). Smells good and is effective a few weeks. You can even spray it on pet beds to repel and kill fleas.

Steve

CHEESE2009
05-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I had an infestation 2 years in a row now, & I am assuming they will be all over my house in a few weeks.

I have tried everything, & I have learned something over the internet. Ants will not pass BABY POWDER.

They were in the basement & in one room, so I decided to use baby powder to block the exit of that room so they don't spread, all I did was draw a line on the floor & it worked!

I used all the sprays & what not, I gave up & used the spray + lighter = Flamethrower & I was satisfied seeing them all die. When I woke up the next morning they practically doubled their army.

If ants smell the body of a dead ant, they will send out a group to collect it & bring it "home". So make sure you dispose of all the dead ants you can. They are seriously intelligent & a pain in the back. Their mission is to collect food for the *****y & they are not aloud to give up no matter how many of them you kill.

Use the baby powder idea, & after awhile, even a few hours you will see a trail of where the ant decided to say "frig it, let me go warn the others" and he will make his way back "home". Then you can hire some sort of ant control service & give him a heads up on where to do his job.

I heard that if you destroy a good number of ants, they will discontinue searching in the area of their death. So keep on guard & look out for them in different places.

The last infestation I had, they took over the entire basement, I gave up & let them do whatever the hell they wanted. In a few weeks they left on their own.

musician/lawnman
05-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Not sure where you are located but a few years ago I had a run in with "white footed ants" They are black & you can only see the "white foot" under a microscope but... the came from indonisia/japan & they are a major pain in the but to get rid of. I had to remove several bushes behind my house that the roots were infested with a huge *****y, & then I still had to hire he pro's to kill em. Read more here: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/IN098

Nasty bastards.