PDA

View Full Version : Need help turning a bid

pro_cutter
05-06-2009, 09:46 AM
well im new to this stuff just recently started my own business and i need your guys help. i'm about to turn in a bid on a apartment complex and ive never done one before so if anyone know can tell how to do it that would be great.

its gonna be a year long contract so i know to include 30 mowing cuts. pineedles and pruning twice a year. and plugging and fertilization twice a year.

but how do i right a contract up ive never done it before so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Steve
05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
What is your view on putting a bid on such a commercial property at the point you are at? Would you feel more comfortable building up a residential customer base first or no?

pro_cutter
05-06-2009, 10:17 AM
What is your view on putting a bid on such a commercial property at the point you are at? Would you feel more comfortable building up a residential customer base first or no?

well my view is the more jobs i have the more food on my table. i already have reliable residential based clients. and i have the equipment and help to do this so why not. so what am i missing?

Steve
05-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Ok fair enough.

Have you checked out the property yet? Do you know the sq ft of lawn you have to cut and fertilize? How many feet of grass will you have to trim? How long do you estimate each job taking you?

Break each one of them down so we can review your thought process on it.