PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a Chrysler

Steve
05-05-2009, 07:44 AM
With Chrysler in bankruptcy, would you buy one of their vehicles now or would you be fearful that this company is doomed and so would any new vehicle warranty that would come along with it?

turfmaster
05-05-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't like Chrysler to begin with but if I did and wanted one I would probably wait and see how they emerge from bankruptcy and how the merger goes with FIAT. Chances are they will emerge a stronger company hopefully. ;)

picframer
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
With Chrysler in bankruptcy, would you buy one of their vehicles now or would you be fearful that this company is doomed and so would any new vehicle warranty that would come along with it?

Personally I do not care for Chrysler products at all, it's all dad ever bought, all new but junk. I remember in 1974 he bought a brand new New Yorker and we headed to Alberta for vacation, a 7 day each way trip, the transmission went after two days, every friggin one he bought was trouble, mom bought a new Chrysler Acclaim after he passed away just a few years ago, the engine went in the first year all under warranty but.......

If VW made a truck and it was a diesel, I would buy it in a heart beat, I have been running VW's diesel cars for over 20 years, they last forever and I have never had a problem, they are good for 300,000 miles no problem at all.

For a truck I drive a Ford, the one I drive is just over a year old and has already had close to $4,000 in repairs and that is with around 18,000 miles and I baby everything I have, my other Ford is two years old, same friggin thing, wheel bearings were the last thing to go, it has around 30,000 miles on it. We just added a GMC 2500 diesel, we shall see how this goes, it is very poor on fuel for a diesel but at least it has the power needed to pull our bigger gear.