PDA

View Full Version : Sketchy Customers

CHEESE2009
05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
When the customer tells you to pick up all the supplies needed for the job, & says to bill him later. My customer has been loyal from the start of winter, he's offered to pay me for my work but I tell him I only collect when my job is complete. (it keeps me motivated, if I have the cash I'll get lazy) so I called him & said I need 20 bags of rocks, it'll run him up about 80-$100.00, so he said, no no, pick up 10 or 12 bags. No problem, but the job wont be complete, & I'm wondering if he's going to scam me lol... I'm sure he wont because he needs me for other jobs, after I'm hired to replace parts on his deck, sand & paint it. So I guess apart of the business is to take chances.

One of my lawn service customers, I started the service today & when I gave her the estimate she said she'll pay me TODAY.

I arrived at 8:30am & she said, "I wasn't sure if you were going to show up, I don't want to give out money to someone who doesn't show up"

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? IT'S 8:30AM!!!!! lmao. I guess it was her humor. Then she said, "is it ok if I paid you next time?" so I said, "That wont be a problem!"

Hmmm, will she be paying me = ?

Side note:

I have gotten 100 calls for lawn service, not in my serviced cities, it's ticking me off lol... I just got a call from "Nancy", but I already have a woman named Nancy customer, it'll save me some trouble, LOL...

Steve
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Would it work out for you if you had the customer at least pay up front for any supplies you needed to do the job? Or no?

CHEESE2009
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Would it work out for you if you had the customer at least pay up front for any supplies you needed to do the job? Or no?

I try my best to bug the customer when the job is completed. I usually ask for money if it's necessary. If the supplies required go over $50.00, I will ask them to give me the money needed. My customer actually gave me $200.00 up front to cover previous supplies, & supplies I'm picking up tomorrow. I actually like this guy, he can't hire me for lawn service but he's giving me so many jobs.

Stone Walkway (put landscaping weed block paper)
Pool (place a border around it, put in landscaping weed block paper, rocks)
Repair/replace & paint his deck
Dirt & seeding
etc.. He needs to fix his pool lining, so I hired my friend with experience in that sorta work. $$$

He's keeping me busy, I'm happy. I originally started as a painter, so I'm lucky. The only problem is, I will never leave his damn place! I should be on HGTV lol... I could do an entire season.

I have my last day of weeding to do tomorrow for a place, 2 gutter cleaning jobs & minor roof repairs. And a bunch of other odd jobs. I'M OFFICIALLY BUSY.
I checked a mans roof for damage today & mentioned his gutters, now I have a gutter cleaning job to do, & I was asked to give an estimate on lawn service.

majoe7
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I'M OFFICIALLY BUSY.

Breeze,

Forget the flyers. LOL

"good things happen to those who wait"

The more you can do for the client, the more you are in need.

Keep looking at the whole house for things you can do and offer your services to do the job.

Keep at it and more will follow. I can remember when you were watching the snow fly. Now you are busy!!! Yeah. Good for you.

John

CHEESE2009
05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Breeze,

Forget the flyers. LOL

"good things happen to those who wait"

The more you can do for the client, the more you are in need.

Keep looking at the whole house for things you can do and offer your services to do the job.

Keep at it and more will follow. I can remember when you were watching the snow fly. Now you are busy!!! Yeah. Good for you.

John

Much appreciated! haha, the seasons looking good!