PDA

View Full Version : New Development

swstout
05-03-2009, 07:05 PM
I did something new (at least for me) today. One of the homebuilder’s I do business with had a Development Open House and invited me to set up a display. He has five model homes and his site office in a sixth. There are 91 lots in the development. He had internet access so I took my computer there and had my web site up and running.

I was amazed at the turnout. From 1:00 until 6:00, there were at least 200 visitors. These homes start at $200K! There were also two Finance Company and 4 Real Estate agent displays set up and manned there.

I figured that with the economy so bad it would be a bust but decided to set up anyway. I’m glad I did. I set up six appointments for estimates, three meetings with Real Estate Companies, and one meeting with a finance company.

If you get a chance to participate in one of these – GO FOR IT!

Steve

picframer
05-03-2009, 07:10 PM
That is an amazing opportunity! Take every chance to get your name out there.

swstout
05-03-2009, 07:24 PM
That is an amazing opportunity! Take every chance to get your name out there.

I am also working on a bid to install the lawns for the development.

picframer
05-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I am also working on a bid to install the lawns for the development.

I see a tractor in your near future bud:) Man if you could get the landscaping contract to install sod and top soil the tractor would pay for itself in no time and open up a new world or offeringe to your customers.

Generally I don't work for clients on Sunday but one had a rush sod job, called in one helper to help me do it, just over 4,000 sq/ft, OMG laying sode is hard work.

swstout
05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Generally I don't work for clients on Sunday but one had a rush sod job, called in one helper to help me do it, just over 4,000 sq/ft, OMG laying sode is hard work.

I've layed sod once in my life. My house in Jacksonvile Fl. I wanted a quick lawn so sod was the way to go. My wife picked St Augustine. This was probably 28 years ago. I was quoted (Istill remember it as if it were yesterday) $45 a pallet picked up, $55 delivered and $150 installed. I had it delivered and figured $95 a pallet to install was cheap! I was young then and I still hurt in places I didn't know I had.

Steve

picframer
05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Steve, Just did a quick search for a John Deere Used 2320, man there are some amazing deals not far from you, I have one of these units and it is an amazing tractor with a big tractor attitude, I see many with a loader and mower for $16,000, saw one that had a backhoe for $18,000, these are very good deals and is all the tractor you would need.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/list.aspx?HDRSO=Location&ETID=1&Mdltxt=2320&Manu=JOHN+DEERE&mdlx=exact&GUID=3b80c15320fc44a194796b6981386b18&Pref=0&scf=false&HDROR=asc

Steve
05-04-2009, 04:28 AM
I did something new (at least for me) today. One of the homebuilder’s I do business with had a Development Open House and invited me to set up a display.

This was held at a home builders model house? Who was the target market for this event? New home buyers? Do you know anything about how they promoted it?

swstout
05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
This was held at a home builders model house? Who was the target market for this event? New home buyers? Do you know anything about how they promoted it?

It was held at the development in which he has 6 model homes the office in one of them. It was advertised on local radio, TV, newspapers and the Free Home Buyers Guide. A preface to the local home show this weekend.

Steve

Steve
05-04-2009, 08:36 AM
A preface to the local home show this weekend.

Will you be involved with that show at all?