PDA

View Full Version : How creative are you?

Steve
04-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I think a lot of times many people dream of starting their own business but they don't because they fell they don't have a level of creativity needed to start and run a new lawn care business.

How creative do you think you are and how creative do you feel a new lawn care business owner needs to be? Ultimately how important is creativity?

swstout
04-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I think a lot of times many people dream of starting their own business but they don't because they fell they don't have a level of creativity needed to start and run a new lawn care business.

How creative do you think you are and how creative do you feel a new lawn care business owner needs to be? Ultimately how important is creativity?

They say necessity is the mother if invention. No matter what your business, problems hae to be solved - eliminated - or dealt with. Often, the most difficult problems are sovled with the simplest of sollutions, but more often they have to be attacked i steps logically.

Here is a problem solving exercise I was given in one of my Management courses. If forces you to use 'Creative Problem Solving'!

Batter Up
Andy dislikes the catcher. Edís sister is engaged to the second baseman. The center fielder is taller than the right fielder. Harry and the third baseman live in the same building. Paul and Allen each won $20 from the pitcher at pinochle. Ed and the outfielders play poker during their free time. The pitcherís wife is the third basemanís sister. The pitcher, catcher, the infielders except Allen, Harry, and Andy, are shorter than Sam. Paul, Andy and the shortstop lost $50 each at the racetrack. Paul, Harry, Bill, and the catcher took a trouncing from the second baseman at pool. Sam is involved in a divorce suit. The catcher and the third baseman each have two children. Ed, Paul, Jerry the right fielder, and the centerfielder are bachelors. The others are married. The shortstop, the third baseman, and Bill each cleaned up $100 betting on the fight. One of the outfielders is either Mike or Andy. Jerry is taller than Bill. Mike is shorter than Bill. Each of them is heavier than the third baseman.

Using these facts, determine the names of the men playing the various positions on the baseball team.

You may hate baseball before you're done but you will have your eyes opened to many problem solving techniques or in other words - creativity.

Steve

Steve W
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
:confused: MY GOD!

Steve W
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Hey why dont my GopherHaul School Certificate show up on here. I passed and have the Certifcate on my office wall. But not on here, Why?

swstout
05-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Hey why dont my GopherHaul School Certificate show up on here. I passed and have the Certifcate on my office wall. But not on here, Why?

Go to your user CP. Click on Edit Signature. Paste your html code and save.

To get your code, go to school, request graduation, and the code will be on that page.

Steve

Steve W
05-01-2009, 12:23 AM
ok, Thanks, I am going to try it now.

Steve W
05-01-2009, 12:53 AM
ok, I tried, did it work. I forgot my password from the school and it took me awhile.

Little's
05-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Your threads been hijacked!

Steve W
05-01-2009, 02:38 AM
lol. i think i got it now

Steve
05-01-2009, 02:56 AM
You got it! I'd love to see a picture of it up on your wall! :)