PDA

View Full Version : So how about that Swine Flu?

CHEESE2009
04-30-2009, 03:07 AM
It's currently at phase 5 of 6.

We will be mowing with respiratory masks on eventually, lol.

Better get them custom made with your logos, that would be pretty sweet, no?

Just kiddin'
:D

From what I've heard, apparently people die from the regular flu every day & that this swine flu isn't as bad? Hmm.

That little girl/boy who died outside of Mexico wasn't even 1 year old yet, so in my opinion any few month old child has a high chance of dieing with a flu or any form sickness.

OR MAYBE this is some conspiracy thing, I love this crap it's so well put together. I heard these several stories all over the net:

1. Obama owns stock in the market that creates the vaccine for these situations, & perhaps he sent the disease out to Mexico aka the perfect testing zone purposely.

2. It has been decided that the world needs to go through depopulation, & this was the governments secret plan to wipe us out.

3. It just happened because it said so in the bible.

4. A man had sex with a pig & later had some fried chicken.

5. It was man made for biological warfare.

6. It just happened, there is history of swine flu being present for a short period of time in the past.

What do you think? I have no real opinion on this one.

swstout
04-30-2009, 03:52 AM
It's currently at phase 5 of 6.

Better get them custom made with your logos, that would be pretty sweet, no?

Just kiddin'
:D

From what I've heard, apparently people die from the regular flu every day & that this swine flu isn't as bad? Hmm.

That little girl/boy who died outside of Mexico wasn't even 1 year old yet, so in my opinion any few month old child has a high chance of dieing with a flu or any form sickness.

OR MAYBE this is some conspiracy thing, I love this crap it's so well put together. I heard these several stories all over the net:

1. Obama owns stock in the market that creates the vaccine for these situations, & perhaps he sent the disease out to Mexico aka the perfect testing zone purposely.

2. It has been decided that the world needs to go through depopulation, & this was the governments secret plan to wipe us out.

3. It just happened because it said so in the bible.

4. A man had sex with a pig & later had some fried chicken.

5. It was man made for biological warfare.

6. It just happened, there is history of swine flu being present for a short period of time in the past.

What do you think? I have no real opinion on this one.

I really doubt there is any clandestin conspiracy going on. More probably, it is an opertunistic conspiracy. I remember the Swine Flu epidemic of the 60's. The Flu then started in Cuba and spread from there. There was a death toll from it but it (the major deaths) was in areas of poor medical availability. Any Flu affects the very young and the very old much more seriously.

I say an opertunistic conspiracy due to the fact that our current President and a few high ranking liberals want our government to take over healthcare. Fear mongering is a great way to justify pushing down our throats a plan that the majority of the people just don't want.

Steve

Steve
04-30-2009, 04:08 AM
Why not jump on this and use it as a marketing angle :D

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/swine-flu-flyer.jpg

swstout
04-30-2009, 04:20 AM
Why not jump on this and use it as a marketing angle :D

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/swine-flu-flyer.jpg

Why feed the fear? If someone might get sick and unable to work, How are they going to pay for lawn service. Don't promote fears that will hurt your business?

Steve

musician/lawnman
04-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Yeah Steve that seems a little over the top man.
Ya might as well advertise that they should let you do their lawn so they never have to leave the comfortably steril environment of thier own house.
"You should go outside anymore, it's not safe!" Then you show up & mow the lawn wearing a respirator & leave the invoicefor them in a zip lock bag marked "decontaminated".

If Obama manages to get socialized medicine pushed through we are screwed, & dumb as hell as a society for letting it happen, It has failed everywhere it has been put into practice.

Steve
04-30-2009, 07:28 AM

When I read the first post I just started laughing and had to throw that together :)

StartALawnCareBusiness
04-30-2009, 01:24 PM
http://startalawncarebusiness.com/images/untitled.bmp

turfmaster
04-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah Steve that seems a little over the top man.
Ya might as well advertise that they should let you do their lawn so they never have to leave the comfortably steril environment of thier own house.
"You should go outside anymore, it's not safe!" Then you show up & mow the lawn wearing a respirator & leave the invoicefor them in a zip lock bag marked "decontaminated".

If Obama manages to get socialized medicine pushed through we are screwed, & dumb as hell as a society for letting it happen, It has failed everywhere it has been put into practice.

Not according to the big spending big government liberals! :eek:

CHEESE2009
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Lmao!

"A healthy looking lawn is stronger then a vaccine, Breeze Lawn Service"
"Rid your gutters of debris which cause swine flu"

I could imagine wearing a hazmat suit with a biohazard symbol, just mowing...

That would be too funny!

I think we're all safe, the places people have died from previous diseases & even current diseases, their countries aren't well.. you know... They had it coming, said in the nicest way possible.

They didn't mention anything about the climate the disease functions in yet.
It might be harmless only in hotter regions over cold regions.

Either way I should change my company name to Breeze Flu, with a tagline, "Everyone will eventually get us... especially hotter regions" LOL

Little's
04-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Well lets see:
Mad Cow Disease: Didn't catch it.
SARS: Didn't catch it
Bird Flu: Didn't catch it
Swine Flu?: Probably wont catch it either.

Not going to waste my time worrying about it. Practice good common sense hygiene and you should be fine.

CHEESE2009
04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Well lets see:
Mad Cow Disease: Didn't catch it.
SARS: Didn't catch it
Bird Flu: Didn't catch it
Swine Flu?: Probably wont catch it either.

Not going to waste my time worrying about it. Practice good common sense hygiene and you should be fine.

Lawn Service + Hygiene ... HOW?! Just kiddin!

I had weird irregular symptoms, soar skin & random intense cough & my throat felt weird but not soar. Normally I would have a runny nose & flem. I took antibiotics & was fine within a few weeks, which is very strange I normally stay sick for 3 days max 5. Allergies I guess?

This was before I heard of swine flu, now my friend has it & his coughing sounds horribly painful & violent.

Little's
05-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Allergies can do strange things to you. I was real sick last month. So bad that I had to take antibiotics for the first time in over 10 years. I had every symptom of the flu, but without the vomiting. A retired doctor (customer of mine) said it sounded like the Asian flu. He said he had it in the 50's haha. Guess it still goes around.