PDA

View Full Version : Dandelion Question

kdexpd
04-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Just started my new business and am looking for advice on murdering some extremely irritating dandelions. I applied a consumer grade weed and feed, as well as most of my neighbors, and it seems that the feed part worked but the weed part didn't. They have all come to me and asked what I would recommend as their products haven't worked well either. I live in northern Missouri and most of my lawns are primarily a tall fescue mix. I prefer to use granulated product, however I would be interested in knowing what you all use and prefer. Also, I haven't checked into a commercial license primarily because I only spread on my personal and my family's lawns at no charge, and I only use consumer grade products. Any advice would be wonderful. By the way, I spread this stuff 2 weeks ago, so I'm figuring it should have had enough time to work..I know the fertilizer worked cause the grass is thriving now.
Thanks!
Kendrick
Cedar Lawn Care Services

swstout
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Just started my new business and am looking for advice on murdering some extremely irritating dandelions. I applied a consumer grade weed and feed, as well as most of my neighbors, and it seems that the feed part worked but the weed part didn't. They have all come to me and asked what I would recommend as their products haven't worked well either. I live in northern Missouri and most of my lawns are primarily a tall fescue mix. I prefer to use granulated product, however I would be interested in knowing what you all use and prefer. Also, I haven't checked into a commercial license primarily because I only spread on my personal and my family's lawns at no charge, and I only use consumer grade products. Any advice would be wonderful. By the way, I spread this stuff 2 weeks ago, so I'm figuring it should have had enough time to work..I know the fertilizer worked cause the grass is thriving now.
Thanks!
Kendrick
Cedar Lawn Care Services

I did some research on this Sunday. Try http://landscaping.about.com/od/weedsdiseases/a/kill_dandelions.htm

Steve

picframer
04-30-2009, 05:13 AM
I have used this and it will kill them if applied properly however if the customers neighbours do no act then your efforts can prove useless http://byedandy.com/

My personal experience is to buy a dandelion remover and just keep removing them, remember it is a grass so you have to spot spray.