PDA

View Full Version : How Well Do You Know Your Client?

Steve
04-25-2006, 09:40 PM
This was an interesting article. Do any of you play golf? Have you ever considered having a golf outing with a good client? Would this even work in the green industry?

NJ Entrepreneur (http://www.njentrepreneur.com/articles/networking/networking-golf/)- How Well Do You Know Your Client? .... Golf May Help You.
Most of us would love to know what makes our clients and prospective clients tick. In fact, if we knew our clients and prospective clients well we would feel more comfortable with them and them with us. We would know what best to say and do when in their company that would confidently enable us to build a relationship. Many times we think we know our clients and then out of no where they surprise us. In this article you will see how one day of golf will give you a better sense of who your client or prospective client really is.

tiedeman
04-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I have thought about it before

Steve
04-25-2006, 09:50 PM
How would you like to implement it? Who would you do this with? Would it be based on the size of the account? etc..

kc2006
04-26-2006, 07:17 AM
I read in one of the landscape magazines about a guy in CA that has skeet shooting outtings I believe it was. It seemed interesting because most of his landscape work was for upper class customers, and normally upper class people are anti-gun. He said people would spend more money just to try and be on his list for the trip that year! It worked great for customer relations and for getting more business.

I've thought about some sort of outing, but most of my clients are elderly or women so it would be a tough one to connect with.

Steve
04-26-2006, 08:27 AM
I never would have thought of skeet shooting!

Quote[/b] ]I've thought about some sort of outing

What kind of events were you considering?