PDA

View Full Version : howdy

mzc1007
04-27-2009, 11:49 PM
My name is Matt and I am starting a lawn care business with a buddy of mine Ron. We are starting the business in order to help troubled young adults. He started an organization that will house and rehab 18 to 25 year old's and the business will give them a place to work. We would appreciate any advice neither one of us has ever run a lawn care business or worked in lawn care.

Steve
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to our forum.

WOW! That is a lot going on there!

Normally it's a huge life altering event to start your own business, but can you tell us how all the rest of that came together?

mzc1007
04-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Ron is the pastor of a church in Plano TX called Church Under The Tree he started 3 years ago in Haggard park. When he started the park was so over run with drugs and alcohol abuse no one would come. Today there are families everywhere all because of his ministry. I was in the mortgage business and the economy has taken care of that job. He is opening a place to help theses and other kids with rehab and any problems they have. They will have a place to stay and we need a job for them to do. With a little brain storming we came up with lawn care it's cheap to start and something easily supervised and it solves both our problems, it gives me a job and him a place to have the kids work. Your web site has been very helpful and right now we are waiting for a couple of grants to come through for start up, but we still feel like we need advise so any and all is welcome.

Steve
04-28-2009, 06:55 AM
I think that is fantastic. When you are ready to get rolling I do hope you contact all your local media. I am sure they would love to do a story on this and that should help you get your business jump started.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.