PDA

View Full Version : hello fellow lawn care pros!!

nydj81
04-24-2009, 08:09 AM
whats up guys:
My name is Dave I currently line in salisbury,nc and due to my recent lay-off (from a major truck manufacturer) I am determined to not work for anyone but myself from hereon.
I am new to the lawn care business and was hoping i could get some valuable information on how to start, price and run a successful lawn care business. I will truly value any input any one may have.
thanx and good luck too all...

Steve
04-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to our forum!

Where are you at now in your plan to get your business going?

nydj81
04-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to our forum!

Where are you at now in your plan to get your business going?

hello steve. i was laid off in feb 2009 and my cousin and i decieded to start our business in march so i and attempting to write a business plan for equipment funding, i've handed out several flyers and talked to a few people so in essence i am at the very beginning and i don't really know where to go next which is why i am here.

Steve
04-24-2009, 05:29 PM
I would say a big thing would be to get business cards printed and hand them out to everyone you know. Have your cousin do the same.

Make sure everyone in your neighborhood knows you started your lawn care business. Hand out flyers in the neighborhood. Meet different the home owners and try and give them an estimate on the spot.

nydj81
04-25-2009, 07:59 AM
I would say a big thing would be to get business cards printed and hand them out to everyone you know. Have your cousin do the same.

Make sure everyone in your neighborhood knows you started your lawn care business. Hand out flyers in the neighborhood. Meet different the home owners and try and give them an estimate on the spot.

I've handed out some flyers but have not printed any business cards. it seems like everyone in my in immediate neighborhood have mowers and basic yard tools though some of them are elderly. I'm not too sure about how to estimate ist here software ican use on this websiite or any where elso???

Steve
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
it seems like everyone in my in immediate neighborhood have mowers and basic yard tools though some of them are elderly.

I think if they know you are there and you can perform lawn and property maintenance services they will call you when they would rather not do the work themselves. Even things like gutter cleaning.

I'm not too sure about how to estimate ist here software ican use on this websiite or any where elso???
Have you played around with the estimators and calculators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) yet?

nydj81
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I think if they know you are there and you can perform lawn and property maintenance services they will call you when they would rather not do the work themselves. Even things like gutter cleaning.

Have you played around with the estimators and calculators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) yet?

Yes I have and it's great thanks. I have another question for you , do you think its realistic to expect much business since this lawn care season has started and that i am a new in the lawn care business?

Steve
04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
do you think its realistic to expect much business since this lawn care season has started and that i am a new in the lawn care business?
Certainly. The best time to get started is always now. Everything in the world is in a constant state of change.

A customer will hire a lawn care business to cut their lawn and they will be flaky, or not show up, or mess something up. It happens all day long every day of the year so why not be there to offer an alternative.

Plus there are always a ton of things homeowners need done around the house.

nydj81
04-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Certainly. The best time to get started is always now. Everything in the world is in a constant state of change.

A customer will hire a lawn care business to cut their lawn and they will be flaky, or not show up, or mess something up. It happens all day long every day of the year so why not be there to offer an alternative.

Plus there are always a ton of things homeowners need done around the house.

thank you for your insight on my concerns. you have been a great source of motivation. I tell all of my friend about this site and how great it is. I appreiciate you and look foward to conitnuing my learning with you and the rest of gopherhaul...