PDA

View Full Version : The Job

CHEESE2009
04-23-2009, 11:10 AM
So I'm doing this job for a guy & decided to take a few progress pictures. I also put some simple steps in there.

The customer wants me to redo his walkway & prevent weeds from rising through it. Stay tuned to this post & I will update my progress with better & more understandable steps.

I need more pictures;

The cleaned stones, the tools, etc ( MORE PROGRESS PICS )

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/PART1.jpg

Steve
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
That is really cool!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/PART1.jpg

Was this an upsell to an existing customer?

picframer
04-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Just thinking....did you consider renting a mini excavator? It would make super quick work of this job, allow you to dig down, level, install crusher dust, compact, landscape fabric and put the pads back down. I have no idea what they cost to rent in Quebec but I see a number of rental places where I live have them parked in the front.

CHEESE2009
04-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Just thinking....did you consider renting a mini excavator? It would make super quick work of this job, allow you to dig down, level, install crusher dust, compact, landscape fabric and put the pads back down. I have no idea what they cost to rent in Quebec but I see a number of rental places where I live have them parked in the front.

Well I didn't bother renting a machine for a few reasons.

1. I have to turn my lawn mower sideways to get it through to the backyard, no Idea of how I'd get an excavator back there without removing his fence.

I kept saying, "You know there are machines that could dig this up in a second, compare to digging for hours"

girlfriend "why the hell don't you get it?!"

Me "It would be too easy!"

girlfriend "uugghhh!!!"

2. My girlfriend wants to do this type of work as a career, so my plan was to take her with me & let her see how hard it can be. She is now having second thoughts, but still says it's a ton of fun.

I did a yard cleanup with her yesterday, & she's scared of the lawn mower & even the blower lol... She decided to stick with raking.