PDA

View Full Version : i love this site but.......

lawn-guy
04-22-2009, 10:50 PM
i love this site but it just seems to me that several people on here are complete pricks... this profeshion has a bad rep so we need to do what we can to help each other out and get a better rep for this industrie yes it is a pain when every tom-dick-and harry with a mower think they can be a lco but for the ones of us that went thru the proper channels and have a business lic-insurance and all the ther goods ask for help then give it i mean damn people you didnt just wake up and know everything you know now some one had to educate you about these items so u should do the same.some of you may think well why should i help them thats money outa my pocket well wrong answer if im in va. and ur in cali how is it gonna hurt me to help you its not so you say ok im in va. and they are to well guess what they decide the jobs to big for them or u offer a service they dont guess who the person you help is gonna refer that customer to.....

just remember one hand washes the other

ok im down antin and raven feel free to post ur opinion if you would like sorry for ramblin on and on but it is what it is

if any one needs any advice or help with anything feel free to ask ill help the best i can

Steve
04-22-2009, 10:59 PM
All you ever can do is be the best person you can be. If you see a spot where you can jump in and offer some guidance, please do so.

I very much appreciate your help.

Little's
04-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi,
I am in Cali, and hope your not referring me. If so, I sure didnt mean to say anything to upset you on purpose. Hope it's not me though.
Brandon

majoe7
04-22-2009, 11:07 PM
GEEEEEZEEE Lawn-Guy

I hope that you are okay.

Believe in yourself and stay true to who you are. I am curious though, who made you rant so much? A worker, client, competitor or poster?

Well anyway have a great day, and let the sunshine in, because when it rains we can’t mow. LOL :)

swstout
04-22-2009, 11:33 PM
I love this site also. By far the majority of users are as you like - helpful almost to a fault. I know what you mean about the few who appear to be above us pions, but they are very few.

Most offer real life solutions, encouragement, hope, and thought provoking and attitude changing suggestions.

Steve

lawn-guy
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
no im not referin to you nor am i gonna point fingers i just cant stand when one person feels that there **** doesnt stink like i said no one in paticular just i see it from time to time on here and it just plucks a nerve

Little's
04-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Its like that on ANY forum you go to. It happens far less on this one though.

lawn-guy
04-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Its like that on ANY forum you go to. It happens far less on this one though.

i agree 100% im just saying

CHEESE2009
04-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I hear what your saying. I think.

You have your business, and every spring "the kid down the street" is low balling just about everyone. His price is cheap, his quality is usually low to moderate.

He usually gets the customers who need a mowing once a month, just to keep the home owners from getting a fine for not keeping the lawn tame. This means at his low price of $10.00 / visit, he's cutting 4 weeks worth of grass buildup or more. Sure he gets his money, but he'll have to use it on fuel. He will never realize that he's losing money, yet he keep at it? He must be getting a nice allowance or something.

I wish every lawn business owner would agree to price our services at $500.00+ a season. The rule will be to never go under that price. A lot of people low ball so much that possibly, in the future, our service will be profitless.

This all depends on the customer, some take pride in their lawn & hire the $600/season service over the $400.00 service. Some want the cheapest, as long as they don't have to cut the lawn themselves.

So in a way, no one is really hurting anyone, we all start with 100%,

I try to get 50% customer who want inexpensive service & 50% customers who want quality service for the right price...

Others focus their 100% in customers who want inexpensive service.

SuperiorPower
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
GEEEEEZEEE Lawn-Guy

I hope that you are okay.

Believe in yourself and stay true to who you are. I am curious though, who made you rant so much? A worker, client, competitor or poster?

Well anyway have a great day, and let the sunshine in, because when it rains we canít mow. LOL :)

I concur.

So, Lawn-Guy, have you told this person that you feel that way? If not, then I would suggest you do. Perhaps this person does not realize you feel that way or that he comes off to others that way?? The best to you and yours.

Eli

VPS Lawn Care
04-24-2009, 07:50 AM
I hear what your saying. I think.

You have your business, and every spring "the kid down the street" is low balling just about everyone. His price is cheap, his quality is usually low to moderate.

He usually gets the customers who need a mowing once a month, just to keep the home owners from getting a fine for not keeping the lawn tame. This means at his low price of $10.00 / visit, he's cutting 4 weeks worth of grass buildup or more. Sure he gets his money, but he'll have to use it on fuel. He will never realize that he's losing money, yet he keep at it? He must be getting a nice allowance or something.

I wish every lawn business owner would agree to price our services at $500.00+ a season. The rule will be to never go under that price. A lot of people low ball so much that possibly, in the future, our service will be profitless.

This all depends on the customer, some take pride in their lawn & hire the $600/season service over the $400.00 service. Some want the cheapest, as long as they don't have to cut the lawn themselves.

So in a way, no one is really hurting anyone, we all start with 100%,

I try to get 50% customer who want inexpensive service & 50% customers who want quality service for the right price...

Others focus their 100% in customers who want inexpensive service.

Wow, not sure where you operate but $500 - $600 seems low for a season. I am in florida and we do have a long season, average home about 36 cuts a year and the average for basics is $1080 a year.
Just my thoughts

CHEESE2009
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Wow, not sure where you operate but $500 - $600 seems low for a season, that would be considered low here. I am in florida and we do have a long season, average home about 36 cuts a year and the average for basics is $1080 a year.
Just my thoughts

I live in Montreal Canada, we only cut grass for 24 weeks. The rest is fall, Winter, & Cold Spring... lol

The average house where I operate has about 100 feet of lawn, even less.