PDA

View Full Version : New Company Video/Commercial

musician/lawnman
04-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, I've produced alot of music, but never a commercial so this was new.
I started making a slide show of pictures then decided to narrated it, But then wait.... It will need music right? But I can't use just anybodys music for this.... hmm, My bands stuff is not suited for commercials..... So I go out to the studio to write & record Some background music for my little video, Then I think..... I could put a jingle for the company on there! So what was a little slide show turned into an all day production, but hey, it's done. It's my 1st & I'm sure they'll get better from here. The Narration, Production, Music (guitars, bass, drums, Vocals) all me. Hehe, It's hard to right cheesy music without sounding.... well, Cheesy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z8zELal7v64&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z8zELal7v64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So whatcha think gang? I haven't even added to my website yet. It's been on you tube about 5 minutes. Figure I'll break it in here first!

Steve
04-21-2009, 06:38 PM
That IS AWESOME!

I love the ending vocals!

NICE!!

How are you going to be promoting the video now and how will you use it to drive more traffic to your site?

musician/lawnman
04-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Well Steve,

I'm kinda workin on that, I know there are a number of places you can post these videos & ways to link it back to your site. I know many of the folks on here that are more versed in SEO say that videos really help alot. So I'm trying to put a couple together as I am learning so when I figure out what to do with em' I have them to do it with. I hope that makes sense to you.?
Right now I want to use it as another way to make my site more personable & as a sales tool... so the people who do view my page will be that much more likely to pick up the phone & call.

I have a question for you, How can I embed the video on my website? I want to put it on the home page, & set it to play automatically when the page is opened, but when I try to paste the embed code or URL that you tube provides... It shows the code. Not the video like it did so nicely on here? It is an HTML page is that why? Does it have to be a PHP page to work?

Thank for the compliment on the ending vocals! (The guys in my band laughed their azzes off tonight when I showed this to them....

Steve
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Can you tell me the url of the page you are working on and I will help figure out what's going wrong.

musician/lawnman
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I am trying to add it to
http://www.charlottecountylawns.com/index.html

Steve
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
I can't find any of the embed code on your main page.

Have you tried inserting it like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z8zELal7v64&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z8zELal7v64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SprinklerRepair
04-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Cheesy? You should see some of my s###!

Like this: Guess what? He had to hire 3 guys and buy three trucks once I put him #1 Page ONE..

On YT they have the annotation function. Use it to put your ph# across the whole video while it plays.

And not just the ph#. You know why most commercials end with Call Now?

It makes people call! Duh!

Think of your viewers as Zombie Robots. If you do not tell them what to do, they will do nothing.

And if not, the best rankings for me come from Revver.com and Live Video.com.

And, blinkx.com? They have the technology to pull audio and turn it into text.

Meaning, not only do you add your keyword tags, they pull it off of the audio.

Now, you need to bookmark your video, under different IP's if you know how.

We show you how, step by step, at That alone is is worth the $30 bucks. Plus we tell you about a lot of Web 2.0 sites outside of social marker to put your stuff, and how to do it.

But I can't take them if he knows what I know.

Otherwise someone like me can snatch the bread out of your baby's mouth (so to speak).

Protect yourself from people like me.

I like to think of myself as a nice guy, but competitors in my market hate and fear me.

That is okay with me. I don't mind a little baby saliva on my bread :D!

Thanks to Lawn Man for allowing me to turn his post into a commercial for me.

Hey, I offered good content, I deserve some "get back"!

Steve
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Now, you need to bookmark your video, under different IP's if you know how.

That is interesting! Bookmark it with a social bookmarking program you mean? I guess?

SprinklerRepair
04-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I mean with www.SocialMarker.com

On my get on page one we show you how to build multiple accounts.

Every account needs a separate IP address, and we show you on video how to do that also.

To kill your competitors in your local lawn care market you only need 3 or 4.

The big "black hat" internet guys that go after keywords like "credit cards"? They use 100,000 plus accounts. Basically a few hundred people doing it all day long.

Get on page one of google

If your gonna sweat, you might as well make some money :)

Steve
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
If we made posts on here to help each other bookmark each other's websites through such a site, would that help or no?

SprinklerRepair
04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Absolutely!

It's called a "Digg club". Submit your blog post to Digg and have others rate it.

The is one BIG problem with doing that.

That problem is lazy bastards churning out 100 word, non-unique,garbage, keyword stuffed/anchor-linked posts saying "please Digg this piece of **** for me".

I have always thought, given the narrow long tail focus of a set of keywords around a specific city, like Tampa lawn care/landscaping/night-lighting/irrigation/brick paver's, etc., that a HIGHLY effective, mutually beneficial Digg club could be organized.

Here's the rub #1. You can't let the "100 word, non-unique,garbage, keyword stuffed/anchor-linked posts saying "please Digg this piece of **** for me" guys in. We would all be banned.

Here's rub #2. A can't Digg B, and have B Digg A. Re*****cal Digging is quickly sniffed out by the Digg Mafia and all accounts are banned.

That means, you need a software algorithm that assigns Diggs to individual members (very doable, it's just a math problem), and a moderator that judges the content to be Dugg (easy enough at less than 1000 participants.)

If a hundred guys want to pay me $9 bucks a month for a hundred + Diggs per month, I'll spend the $2500 to set it up.

As you can tell, I've already been thinking about this for quite some time.

The ongoing overseas recurring labor would run me $775 per month, so it would be a risk on my part, as is any business endeavor.

But, if we hit 200 members, I would make a profit after 3 months.

Can you imagine how your site would rank with 100+ Diggs a month?

Your competitors would have to go to page 3 before they could be found! :D

My hat gets grayer everyday.

#1 on google how to

SprinklerRepair
04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Oops! I should have prefaced that last post of mine.

If you don't know what www.Digg.com is, this forum might be a bit advanced for you.

Get up to speed by reading my free 45 page book how to get #1 on Google FIRST.

Then come back here.

After reading it you will know more than 99% ofy our competitors about SERP ranking and it will all make sense.

Steve
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
I was looking at that social book marking site. I am guessing you have to ultimately sign up for each of the sites that it wants to submit your information too?

So at first you need to manually go through each one and do that?

musician/lawnman
04-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Is it too much to ask some people for a little friggen feedback on the video?
These posts seems to always turn into another advertisement. Not that I blame Craig for capitolizing on every opportunity to plug his business but jeez...

Steve
04-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Chuck I think it is safe to say that we are all big fans of yours :) :D

SprinklerRepair
04-27-2009, 01:44 PM
I thought I did? Here's some more:

Annotate any part of the video that does Not have your phone With your phone number.

Buy a flip video camera, they are super cheap and available everywhere (you can even get hi-def now) and ask your best customers for "10 seconds of their time" and splice in testimonials.

Video testimonials are highest converting avenue.

Convert your video into 4 different formats with 4 different titles, and upload a week apart.

OR,

This software does it for you. CLICK HERE.

Bookmark every instance of your video online, using alternate gmails and I.P. addresses.

As to the video quality, hey I'm not the New York Times film critic. It is definitely good enough and certainly better than a lot of crap that I put out.

My forte is not film making, it's SE rank making. As long as the video is not so bad that it reflects poorly on your business, bringing it up to Steven Speilbergs level does not matter.

Did you also submit it as a podcast? Be SURE to include your phone number after the URL.

Remember, ranking is 10% on page and 90% off page.

Please note that I have not made any references as to how to get your website on the first page of Google. This post is purely for altruistic reasons and has nothing to do with any FREE SEO BOOK that I may or may not be involved with.

usmcman001
04-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Love it man. I think it is great for a first timer on the commercial side of things. I love the vocals at the end as Steve pointed out. Cheesy but it is catchy as hell. Good luck man. Great job buddy.

SprinklerRepair
04-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I was looking at that social book marking site. I am guessing you have to ultimately sign up for each of the sites that it wants to submit your information too?

So at first you need to manually go through each one and do that?

Yeah, unless you have my people do it for you, you gotta put in the time.

What I do is no different than lawn care. It's a service.

People hire you to cut their grass for one of 3 reasons.

1. Don't have the time.

2. Don't know as much as you do about it.

3. Don't want to invest in all the tools and learn how to use them.

musician/lawnman
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the replys & the tips (Craig). Like I said I was not upset about it, I was just looking for a few different opinions on it.

Steve
04-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Video testimonials are highest converting avenue.

Convert your video into 4 different formats with 4 different titles, and upload a week apart.

That is another idea Chuck could do as well. Maybe create 30 second testimonial videos and upload them as well?

Can you explain more why 4 different formats with 4 different titles and upload a week apart?

SprinklerRepair
04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Every format is viewed as "new" and not duplicate content.

The same with the titles. "charlotte county lawn service" in AVI is a different video (as far as the SE's are concerned) than "charlotte county landscaping" in MPEG4.

It is the EXACT same video, but now you get 4 links per video site instead of just one, and it's easier and faster than making an entirely new video. Make sense?

I explain it all in more detail and the best sites to upload to in my FREE seo tips book.

As to the testimonials, you could put them up by themselves if you include a title and credit page. Otherwise they might not make sense.

And I would title them something like "charlotte county lawn care reviews #1".

SprinklerRepair
04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Here are some more tips. Follow this system:

AIDA = Attention-Interest-Desire-Action

So get there attention by asking a question like "Does your lawn look like this?" show a crappy front yard.

Spark their interest with "If so, we have the solution." Talk about your company.

Incite desire with "How would you like a lawn like THIS!" Show a great lawn.

Make them take action with "go to www.XYZ.com right now and will GIVE you a %10 off coupon just to let us PROVE IT!" or whatever.

Sales copy 101.

That system, my friends, has made my clients a lot of money.

Okay, normally this advice is worth $1000.00. Since I ain't getting paid I'll take my cut like this:

If you haven't already downloaded my FREE number one on google how to book you would be an idiot not to. I mean seriously, dumb as a stump. If you don't want to rank high on Google, why are you here reading this?

And if you want a video made, that follows all the SEO rules, in 4 different formats, different titles etc., it's only $197. That makes me a little under $50 bucks an hour because I already have the meta data encoding software. That's what makes videos rank. Send me a private message.

Examples of my work. Pretty? No. Sells? Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGu0WQf9d4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKRofpkm__g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwkebtquo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWEAJb7yplQ

Notice that the text is written out? Guess what, video ranking software is reading it.

CHEESE2009
04-30-2009, 01:30 AM
So whatcha think gang? I haven't even added to my website yet. It's been on you tube about 5 minutes. Figure I'll break it in here first!

I would hire you, that video is awesome!
It's full of character, I guess it'll give the customer a certain
"hey I'm comfortable with that guy" feeling.

Great work. I wish you the best of luck!

SprinklerRepair
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Hey Musicman,

Did you even read my SEO book?!!!!!

You are doing GREAT for "Charlotte County lawn care" but you are getting slapped around like a little pink panty b**ch in the joint for "Port Charlotte lawn care."

Don't make me go Panama lawn care on yer *** just to prove a point.

With all the hours I've put into helping guys like you that "get it" rank online, I take it very personal when I see you failing.

Bookmark/link to/ blog/ ping the hell out of every link you have on the net.

I know that you are tired from work, I know you got kids that need your attention, and band practice.

But, ranking for under 60 thousand returns only takes 30 minutes a day.

It sounds like a lot of time, but you can do it. You can eat low SERP's like that and spit out clients.

Sorry if you are pissed off for me calling you out, but jeez, if I'm going to spend my super precious minutes helping you guys instead of putting it into the mega hours of work I'm backlogged on, I want to see some freaking success!

P.S., I'm going deep sea fishing with a buddy of mine in Sarasota soon. PM me. We could pick you up at Stump Pass. :D

CHEESE2009
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't understand.............

I have watched your videos, now let me be a critic for a second.

You basically put a decent 1 background picture, & read off a script.
I recommend downloading "Audacity" (its free) & remove the sounds in between your sentence saying. It also drags on way too long.

Basically any one of us here can make a video like that, but let me check out what else you offer.

I like the other guys video, it gives his company a friendly face & covers every aspect of what a customer would want to know. I would go for his service over a service which looks like a 1990's cheese infomercial.

SprinklerRepair
05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't understand.............

I have watched your videos, now let me be a critic for a second.

You basically put a decent 1 background picture, & read off a script.
I recommend downloading "Audacity" (its free) & remove the sounds in between your sentence saying. It also drags on way too long.

Basically any one of us here can make a video like that, but let me check out what else you offer.

I like the other guys video, it gives his company a friendly face & covers every aspect of what a customer would want to know. I would go for his service over a service which looks like a 1990's cheese infomercial.

I love critics. If you have no haters you have no readership.

"cheesey" video? No doubt. Musicmans stuff looks and sounds better.

I said that, and offered ways to make it better from a SALES point of view.

I care about sales. I care about click thru's. Have you read other tips I gave in my SEO book? I didn't think so.

Meta data, as in ENCODED meta data ranks the SERPS. Not pretty video.

Leave pretty video to Hollywood. You don't like my advice, no offense taken, but I doubt you have many videos that you made on the first page of google.

I do.

"cheesey" video sells. Ask the Sham Wow guy.

Nuff said

musician/lawnman
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Craig,
I know what you mean, yes I need more time to dedicate here. I find I am doinf well with most rankings on yahoo. I was getting (or at) the top of google then it just dropped about 2 weeks ago? The only things I hade done there was 1) I set up a profile through google maps that went live & I am ranking high in there, but the regular organic listing has fallen off the freakin planet. Not sure if the maps listing knocks down or just replaces the other on that 1st page of google....
2) I don't remember which but I used an "auto bookmarking" site for the 1st time & I believe it was one you suggested... maybe not though. & I'm not sure if maybe I got knocked down for looking "spammy" to the spiders?

Fishing sounds good, When ya going? I am familiar with stump pass, & did alot of skiing there as a kid.

SprinklerRepair
05-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Google is bouncing a lot of stuff right now. Just keep building social links to your online vids, blogs, etc.

I haven't set a day yet to fish, but I'll PM ya when I know