PDA

View Full Version : Nothin' left But Blood In The Water

SprinklerRepair
04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
I won't say I told ya so, even though I told ya so.
What else is there left to say?
You either get it, or your competition will.
What have you got to lose?
Oh, that's right. You'll lose your business to the guys smart enough to join **********.
We will see you there, or at the lawn mower auction. Whichever comes first.
HA-HA! Gotcha, didn't I?
I'm just kidding with you. The internet is a fad. The "Yellow Book" is the way to go.
'Suz me, I gotta run. My bitch "Dex" wants to know if he is allowed to go out and play.

Steve
04-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Good job! I just gave you 5 stars on your video.

In your video you mentioned you were trying to get a landscape site to rank high and you wanted to make some software. Was this the screen saver concept that you talked about in your book?

SprinklerRepair
04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks Steve.

Yeah, I probably gotta pull out a "big gun" for the Panama City landscaping term. Like I say in the free book, you want a lot of links to your site first, otherwise the Big Gun (toolbars, etc. ) will drive your link's "PHONE NUMBER ON GOOGLE IN DEY FACE" down.

You want your ph# PROMINENT. I explain how to do that

My ph# for Panama City lawn care does not exist. If it did, it would sit directly behind the description for blogs/tumblr/reddit/xanga/kaboodle/videos/podcasts etc.

Like this:

PanamaCityLawnCare - 111-222-3333 Panama City lawn care blah blah blah blah blah lawn care in Panama City blah blah blah blah blah ....

Owning the page for a local term like "Blah City lawn care" is child's play.

I can show your 10 year old how to do it.

They learn quick.

Older guys that smell like gasoline for some reason learn slower.

Why? They work their balls off everyday and to them anything that sounds easy smells "fishy."

If that is you?

Congratulations.

You just became your Dad.

"Can ya get up and change the channel for me son? I'm tired and I want to watch the new Andy of Mayberry episode."

Steve
04-21-2009, 08:01 PM
You want your ph# PROMINENT. I explain how to do that in the FREE BOOK.

My ph# for Panama City lawn care does not exist. If it did, it would sit directly behind the description for blogs/tumblr/reddit/xanga/kaboodle/videos/podcasts etc.

For those that don't know, what is the importance of having your phone number in that location? Why is it so important?

SprinklerRepair
04-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Lets say you are putting up a web 2.0 post/podcast/video for your lawn biz in Pork Butt Arkansas.

Your TITLE would be " Pork Butt Arkansas Lawn Care Service"

Your DESCRIPTION would be (assuming this is your website name):

"http://www.PorkButtLawnCare.com 111-222-3333 Pork Butt Arkansas lawn care? We are the lawn service leaders in Pork Butt Arkansas. We specialize in landscaping, lawn care, landscape lighting and sprinkler systems in the Pork Butt Arkansas area."

The phone number will show up in the link desciption on the search engine (depening on the link.)

Meaning they may not even visit your site first, because they found what they want, a phone number.

The easier you make it to have people contact you, the more contacts you will get.

Yellow pages are dead

Nobody reads them. They are door stops and couch levelers.
Get local search traffic.

Steve
04-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Meaning they may not even visit your site first, because they found what they want, a phone number.

Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense. Why put any unnecessary steps between you and the customer.