PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!! What a great site..

voodooray
04-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi Steve and the others here,

I wanted to start out by saying WOW, this site is filled with Ton'n'Tons of very good information. I have spent the last few days going over various parts of your site and threads. I gotta tell you "Thanks". There are lots of ideas for marketing that I have had as well as many more that I have not thought of.

Anyway, my name is Ray. I live 20 min. outside of Baltimore, MD in Harford County. I have just gotten back from FedEx Office / the old Kinkos' after having flyers printed up. White paper, black ink 500 pcs for $39.00 not to bad..

The only thing is that I am already wanting to change them.... reguardless the weather has been hard rain all day, to much for me to go door to door and leave them, they would have gotten all soggy.

I have the streets already picked out, I will get started tomorrow as the weather will be a little nicer.

Anyway.... I dont have any fancy setup. What I do have is a paid for 2000 Chevy 1500 truck, 16' trailer with a Toro Proline 44" SFS deck, Small John Deer GT 275 Hydro tractor, Honda push, Echo trimmer and back pack blower... It all works well for me.

Website is under works.... and ummm besides lawn cutting, I do mulching and garden plantings.

Well That's all I got for now.
-ray

Steve
04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi Ray,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your lawn care business?

voodooray
04-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Well I have been dabbling in it a few years now, but after 15 years of being stuck in a office, we were dowsized last summer... meaning that my entire office was shut down. After that day, I will never go back to corporate america. Soooo I have been spending that last 9 months or so planning a few things for myself out, 1 of which is lawn care..... I also work with several local conctractors who do outdoor entertaining area's like kitchens, pizza ovens, LARGE outdoor fireplaces. I am working to bring these all together with lawn care.

Steve
04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I also work with several local conctractors who do outdoor entertaining area's like kitchens, pizza ovens, LARGE outdoor fireplaces. I am working to bring these all together with lawn care.

Oh that is fascinating! How do you like that work? Have you learned a lot about it? Do you take any pictures of the jobs you work on?

voodooray
04-22-2009, 06:41 AM
I like it alotand yes, I am always learning from just about every project. It's also nice to see first hand how other buisness people handle their clients / homeowners. As far as picutres go- I have some, need to find them... somewhere in my pc:D