PDA

View Full Version : Lawn sign holders

jymie
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
I am trying to find 16" black plastic sign holder/stakes that are exactly like the ones you see that hold the pesticide warnings on lawns they just treated. Does anyone know where they can be bought?

Thanks for the help.

Steve
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Hi Jymie,

Welcome to our forum.

Something like this?

http://www.gemplers.com/product/125959/GEMPLERS-Michigan-Lawn-Pesticide-Application-Signs-25-pk

I am sure there are other places too.

Keep us posted.

turfmaster
04-19-2009, 11:58 PM
just type in yard signs.
pick a web site and type in sign stakes.

swstout
04-20-2009, 12:03 AM
I am trying to find 16" black plastic sign holder/stakes that are exactly like the ones you see that hold the pesticide warnings on lawns they just treated. Does anyone know where they can be bought?

Thanks for the help.

I have seen them on the Vista website. But I think they were 20" x 10" and I think they were $2.30 each.

Steve

jymie
04-20-2009, 04:14 AM
Thanks for that link steve, I sent an inquiry to see if they will sell just the stakes to me without the signs since I made my own signs. I'll let the forum know what comes of it. Just starting up my lawncare business, have 5 clients and a few spring cleanups that may also lead to lawn work for the year as well. I utilized alot of the ideas that I read in your books and on the forum. Distributing door hangers and business cards has been a good thing and am still getting some calls for estimates. This forum has been a god send for me and buying the lawn care estimators to have on my laptop when I do estimates has really been helpful. One client has told me she has her neighbors waiting to see our work before they have us over for an estimate. I plan to put the small signs on each property so walk byers can see our info and our work. It should be a great advertising tool.

Steve
04-20-2009, 04:28 AM
I plan to put the small signs on each property so walk byers can see our info and our work. It should be a great advertising tool.

I like the idea! I'd love to see what you designed too.

Have you ever considered doing this in mass? Like going down a bunch of streets and putting them in the lawn? Maybe especially during a holiday, like 4th of july or halloween and have holiday messages on one side and your business info on another?

jymie
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
I think I will be using one side for a flag with fireworks and then our company info on the other side. I put 4 on a page and laminate them so they are a bit small, but trying to keep the cost as low as possible. Heard back from that site and they will sell me 500 stakes for under $100 bucks so that would be ok. I figure to put my flags on corners where there is traffic, if the town will allow me to, i'll check with them first though.

http://www.imagecoast.com/images/jymiec/lunchesrussmalllawnsign.jpg

Steve
04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh that is fantastic!

Keep us posted on how it all goes and I'd love to see your 4th of July designs as well! Great Job!

jymie
04-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Found an even better source for the stakes. Blackburn Manufacturing has them for half the price. 800-942-5816 if anyone is interested in them.

Steve
04-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Did you check out their printing prices? How would they compare with printing them yourself?