PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki FH641v 21hp Issue

walkerlawncare09
04-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Motor had less than 6hrs on it the first time it starting sputtering and died. After doing that it ran the rest of the day fine, got it back out next time and did the same thing only problem was worse this time and had to put fuel treatment in to clean out the carb and it ran fine.

My question is, do they have a fix for this issue because I have been reading alot of people are having this problem with the motor and getting gas in the oil which we all know will eat an engine up fast.

Anyone one else dealt w/ this one?

SuperiorPower
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I have never heard of that with this particular engine.

Actually, have you checked with the local Kawasaki dealer? or the dealer who sold the mower?

Here are some preliminary things to check on:

1. just to make sure that I understand correctly, this engine is new? If so, it should still be under warranty.

2. Do you know if it is a fuel problem?

3. If you suspect that it is, the first thing I would check is the fuel supply. does it flow freely at the fuel filter? or is the tank below the engine?

4. I would also double check to see if the fuel filter is clean.

5. And the last thing I am posting but probably the first thing I would check is to make sure the gasoline is fresh. All of it fresh. Period. With today's gas having so much ethanol in it the octane evaporates quickly. They say 89 octane can evaporate to below 85 octane in a month's time.

6. Check for fuel lines that may be kinked or mashed.

7. If nothing else, I would recommend finding a good small engine mechanic that can take a look at it.

As I am sure you can imagine, it is hard to diagnose something when the problem is not constant. I checked the service manual and was unable to find anything addressed there.

Good luck,
Eli

walkerlawncare09
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
tore down the carb and found a tiny piece of debri blocking the fuel from being able to enter into the bowl....ran for a half hour or so after cleaning out and ran fine so far...so well see how it holds up

Steve
04-21-2009, 05:34 PM
I'd love to seen a picture of that!

SuperiorPower
04-21-2009, 07:41 PM
tore down the carb and found a tiny piece of debri blocking the fuel from being able to enter into the bowl....ran for a half hour or so after cleaning out and ran fine so far...so well see how it holds up

Good Job. Good luck with it but I'd say you found the problem. It is not always that easy but its always good if it is.

Good luck,
Eli