PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need some advice...

ALOD
04-18-2009, 02:05 AM
I need help from the professionals... they were all busy so I am turning to you guys.....:D (just kidding)

No seriously though, I need some help in deciding what Landscape Design Software is good to use, and user friendly???

Currently my designs are hand rendered, but if any of you have had experience with this... or still to your drawings by hand you know that it takes hours. Even if you do it in Black&White, my less if you take the time to do it in full-color.

I would really like to spend $300 - $800 (color & transp. is a must)

I have shopped around but this type of software ranges from $399-$6,000

Some of you may be thinking that design software is not needed, and in some cases its really not, but I had an Landscape Company commission me to do some designs for them... and then asked if I would be willing to pitch them for addition money, "of course". The only thing that I will say is that one the Landscape company got the bid.... and two when I met with the clients and pitched the Landscaping Proposal the drawings and the Pitch were the bid was won hands down and the clients were very impressed by the professional design and please that they could see the changes, the compitetion was some bigger name companies and have years of experience.....

The long and the short of it is I think that if your arm yourself with the proper tools and preparation... then you can do anything that you set your mind to.... wether it be the best landscaper, best designer or both.

Commercial and Residential, if you have a smaller job or a revamp that does not call for a lot of design work then that a little different, I can say that once a customer sits down (or walks the property) as you go over the story board and they can see a rendered drawing of their ideas then it puts you one step closer to closing the deal, and getting the50% - 60% down payment check.

So if anyone has any suggestions please post them...

Thank you for your time and cooperation,
Charles Craft
Architectural Lanscape & Outdoor Design

Steve
04-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Charles,

I haven't played around with any of the programs to be able to help you here. Does anyone else have any suggestions?