PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Anyone? Speak now while you still can.

musician/lawnman
04-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Tommorow there is a nationwide tea tea party protest movement against Obama's, spending, stimulus plans, bail outs, & tax policies.
Anyone else here planning to attend? We are all business owners, most with children. Policies being put into action now are crippling the private sector & growing government. Tax & spend, tax & spend. This is no way to solve our national problems. We should all let Washington know where we stand.
You can look up for the protest in your area on this site:
http://taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty

Watch this video:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWGCXY2dAdI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWGCXY2dAdI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steve
04-14-2009, 05:05 PM
A lot of people have contacted me about this.

I don't know what to say about the current situation. I don't think we are anywhere from it being over.

I was reading that a sign that the economy is turning around is when more jobs start to appear again, but the majority of people hired are hired by small businesses.

I have yet to see any small business friendly legislation come through. I have yet to see any results in making health care affordable. We seem to still be in a disastrous situation and I can only hope in time we will work our way out of it.

musician/lawnman
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Here's another video for you all to watch:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

SuperiorPower
04-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Chuck how dare you!!! I was about to go to bed but now I am so pumped up and my anger is renewed toward my "non-representing representatives".

In reality Chuck, Thanks for posting those. The last one especially was awesome and is a great reminder to us all about what all we have lost. If I were not working tomorrow, I would definitely look into going to the tea party. This is something I have believed in for a while. We are living in a whole new time of taxation without representation......

Thanks again,
Eli

swstout
04-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Tommorow there is a nationwide tea tea party protest movement against Obama's, spending, stimulus plans, bail outs, & tax policies.
Anyone else here planning to attend? We are all business owners, most with children. Policies being put into action now are crippling the private sector & growing government. Tax & spend, tax & spend. This is no way to solve our national problems. We should all let Washington know where we stand.
You can look up for the protest in your area on this site:
http://taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty

Watch this video:
<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/OWGCXY2dAdI&hl=en&fs=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

I am a proponent of the ďRight Wing ConspiracyĒ, only problem is, I just canít find where the meetings are held. Kidding aside Ė There should be many public meetings on jobs, the economy, energy, taxes, out of control spending, etc. etc. There are some, but they are not reported on or are just buried.

When the spendulus bill was manufactured and over 1000 pages, I said it could be trimmed down to 50. Take each page, check to see that the amendments created permanent - full time - private sector jobs. If not throw the page out. What would be left would probably have been less than 50 pages.

Taxes Ė Donít pay your taxes until you are nominated for a position on Obamaís cabinet. Another joke Ė almost! Iím sick and tired of all miss information doled out. The middle class will see at least another $13.50 in their weekly take home. This part is true but the tax rates have not been changed by one penny. The only thing changed was the withholding tables. Many citizens will owe tax next April 15th. The government figures the average refund is $650.00 If you take $13.50 x 52 you get or $702.00 - $52.00 more that was deducted! And to cover his spending proposals the tax burden on every family will be $180,000.00 over the next 10 years and then only if there is no inflation.

Energy Ė we have enough reserves to cover all our needs for 100 years. But only if we are allowed to get it. We have oil off our shores that we canít get but other nations can. We have Oil Shale, vast oil reserves already found we arenít allowed to get. Natural gas is abundant and easy to get but we import 40% of out needs. Why? Nuclear power is available. We donít need gigantic centralized plants. The oldest nuclear power plant in the world is still functional. Its small but supplies electricity to an entire city and surrounding areas. Didnít know that did you? It is at Princeton University. Itís small, localized, and has been running constantly for 66 years. My oldest son is a nuclear engineer.

The Global Warming farce has already cost the American people dearly. Higher costs due to transportation cost increases. Higher food costs due to ethanol production (the corn for livestock feed has doubled) which is only 70% as effective gasoline and more polluting. 20 mpg efficiency for a gas powered equals 14 mpg for an ethanol powered vehicle!

The facts donít support global warming. The earth has cooled every year since 1999! Al Gore has 5,000 scientists that back him up. I donít think political scientists and social scientists are qualified to make the case. There is a coalition of 40,000 PhDís (real scientists) that dispute it. Al Gore doesnít believe in it or he would accept at least one debate with one of them.

The polls show that 76% of the American people want our own energy supplies utilized. 80% want the runaway spending stopped. 80% want the tax system overhauled Ė 55% want a Fair Tax system.

The people are speaking in the polls but Washington isnít listening. These polls, the demonstrations, the facts are overpowered and dismissed. Dismissed by the election system, the mainstream press and the internet. Yes, the internet. I heard a report today that stated the Oboma organization submits 1000's of blogs daily to move negative stories to the regions of the search engines too far down to be found (sound familure).

Our government was set up as Ďa by the people for the peopleí system where representatives were elected by their districts to relay the wishes of their districts. It has mutated to an unrecognizable facsimile of the original intent. Elections, laws, and bills are distorted and dictated in a way not intended. Instead of 52 voting blocs there should be 575 ( one for each Representative). Representative that should be compelled to vote the way their district directed them. Eliminate partisanship by voting as directed or be replaced.

Iím taking my soapbox to the local Tea Party! Join me if only in sperit!

Steve

musician/lawnman
04-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Eli,

Check your area, many of these protests are in the late afternoon as it is WORKING PEOPLE that are against all this. The folks content to sit on welfare & unemployment are not typically the type to be standing to the right.

Steve,
Good post sir!

Steve
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Has anyone here ever considered running for an elected position for a certain amount of terms just to see what you could do differently?

swstout
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Has anyone here ever considered running for an elected position for a certain amount of terms just to see what you could do differently?

I was an assemblyman for 2 terms in Sylvan Beach, NY. It was a small community (village) with a population of 612. An upstate community with country values (the adults anyway). Everyone on the council was a consertative republican but one. I resigned after an auto accident and 1 1/2 years of rehab.

I don't I'll ever run for office again though. The time demands were just too much.

Steve

majoe7
04-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Sylvan Beach, NY. It was a small community (village) with a population of 612. An upstate community.

Wow, Sylvan Beach brings back some memories. I'm originally from Syracuse. An upstate community. LOL

I loved going to Eddies Spaghetti House and the Seafood restaurant next to the canal. Ummmm good food. Sometimes drive to Vernon Downs or the Pumpkin Farm just down the road. I enjoyed bringing my tent and pitching it out on the shore around Oneida Lake. One time I was looking out at the boats going through the channel and I leaned forward and fell into the water. I had to climb up the latter to get out. Everyone was looking at me. I always wondered what the latter was for, now I know.

Thanks for reminding me of some real good times. :)

swstout
04-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Sylvan Beach, NY. It was a small community (village) with a population of 612. An upstate community.

Wow, Sylvan Beach brings back some memories. I'm originally from Syracuse. An upstate community. LOL

I loved going to Eddies Spaghetti House and the Seafood restaurant next to the canal. Ummmm good food. Sometimes drive to Vernon Downs or the Pumpkin Farm just down the road. I enjoyed bringing my tent and pitching it out on the shore around Oneida Lake. One time I was looking out at the boats going through the channel and I leaned forward and fell into the water. I had to climb up the latter to get out. Everyone was looking at me. I always wondered what the latter was for, now I know.

Thanks for reminding me of some real good times. :)

I had a lot of good times too. Left NY because of expenses (taxes and fees). I had a duplex and had to keep the other side rented just to cover the property taxes ($7,800.00 per year). I didn't leave NY, I escaped!

Steve

turfbuilder
04-16-2009, 01:53 AM
I by no means am excited about the direction Obama and the liberals are trying to take this country. Being a fiscal conservative all this stimulus b.s. and pork barrel spending kills me. But I got to say Bush spent money like a drunken sailor. Start with 1 trillion deficit with the stupid Iraq war. I can go on and on but I don't want to bore everyone to death. The bottom line is our 2 party system is a fraud. We need a 3rd party with balls that supports the real working people who pay the taxes in this country. Enough of the Republicans and corporate welfare and the Dems with socialized b.s. Years ago people thought I was a radical because I supported Pat Buchcannon for president. So tell me what's wrong with closing our damn borders and keeping english as our language. What's wrong with enforcing fair free trade. What's wrong with being a manufacturing giant like we used to be instead of being the worlds largest importer and making communist China and Radical Islamist Saudia Arabia superpowers. I am sick and tired of the bullsht from the Democrats & Republicans. That's why I voted for change: RON PAUL Man I hate politics!:mad:

Steve
04-16-2009, 02:11 AM
I am happy to see so many thoughts going on here.

I had talked to a couple of people tonight who attended their local tea part and we got into a discussion on whether the banks or the auto industry should have gotten bailed out.

Do you feel it will be in our nation's interest in the long run that we did that? I know my immediate reaction was, if they can stand on their own feet, let them collapse and be absorbed by other healthier companies, but what is your view?

Was it a good fiscal idea or no?

swstout
04-16-2009, 02:48 AM
I am happy to see so many thoughts going on here.

I had talked to a couple of people tonight who attended their local tea part and we got into a discussion on whether the banks or the auto industry should have gotten bailed out.

Do you feel it will be in our nation's interest in the long run that we did that? I know my immediate reaction was, if they can stand on their own feet, let them collapse and be absorbed by other healthier companies, but what is your view?

Was it a good fiscal idea or no?

I spent the day at our local tea party. The talk there was about runaway spending and the bailouts. One man pointed out that just the money for GM's bailout would have equaled $500,000.00 for every employee at GM with money left over to cover the pensions and med expenses for the retirees.

I could live very well at that severance pay! With an interest bearing account earning only 3% I could take $1,000.00 a week for the rest of my life.

I heard on the news that there were more tha 7 million attendees nationwide. From my conversations, I think 7 million votes will not go far anyone who voted for the bailouts or the stimulus pachage. I know I won't.

I think there will be major changes in 2010 and 2012. The people are fed up! As Ed Kotch (former NYC Mayor) said at his re-election defeat, "You elected him, now you will have to be punished for it".

The #2 topic was about the Fair Tax. The mantra was "Would you rather pay 35% tax on your income, or 22% tax on your spending"?

Steve

musician/lawnman
04-16-2009, 06:39 AM
I by no means am excited about the direction Obama and the liberals are trying to take this country. Being a fiscal conservative all this stimulus b.s. and pork barrel spending kills me. But I got to say Bush spent money like a drunken sailor.

I agree, The Bush administration sucked too. I hated it. The difference is... Bush didn't seem to care about the country, only himself. Obama seems to want to deliberately & completely destroy this country and rebuild a weak s o c i a l i s t version of it (why the hell is that word censored on the forum? Strange.). It's like the difference bettween working for a boss who either doesn't care about his employees at all & only about the money he makes, or working for a boss who is beating you down making it as hard as possible at every turn to try break your spirit & get you to quit.

Steve,
I think the bail outs were & are BS. Surival of the fittest. If they can't offer a viable service/product at a fair price & keep overhead low enough to make a profit then they are bound to go down in flames with or without or trillions of dollars. The free market decides who suceeds & who fails. Let em' burn out without our kids money in their pockets.

turfbuilder
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I agree, The Bush administration sucked too. I hated it. The difference is... Bush didn't seem to care about the country, only himself. Obama seems to want to deliberately & completely destroy this country and rebuild a weak s o c i a l i s t version of it (why the hell is that word censored on the forum? Strange.). It's like the difference bettween working for a boss who either doesn't care about his employees at all & only about the money he makes, or working for a boss who is beating you down making it as hard as possible at every turn to try break your spirit & get you to quit.

Steve,
I think the bail outs were & are BS. Surival of the fittest. If they can't offer a viable service/product at a fair price & keep overhead low enough to make a profit then they are bound to go down in flames with or without or trillions of dollars. The free market decides who suceeds & who fails. Let em' burn out without our kids money in their pockets.

I agree also that the bail outs are b.s. Where do you draw the line on who gets or doesn't get bailed out. There are plenty of banks out there who managed their businesses properly and did not get greedy and involved in all this sub prime b.s. These same company's we are bailing out made out like bandits before they got exposed. For years I built tooling for the big 3 at smaller job shops. All we kept hearing out of these company's was you have to build the tooling cheaper or you have to re-quote the job. Kind of like low balling in lawn care. During the 1980's-90's GM & Ford built huge plants down in MEXICO and we lost thousands of jobs to peasant labor. The prices of vehicles kept going up yet their cost to do business (wages and regulations)
was going down. What did they do with the billions in profits other than spoil all the guys at the top. Corporate welfare. Buy American they say well how about BUILD AMERICAN you morons who do you think buys your products the Mexicans your ripping off at $1.00/hr. Bail out yourselves. Same to all the banks.

Steve
04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Steve,

I agree with you. I feel like I am a capitalist at heart but when I heard some of the view on why AIG needed to be saved in order so all the customers didn't find that they were no longer insured, I can only imagine that would have been very devastating to many.

I do hope our government gets it's money back from the sale of it as it is parted out.

The bigger question I have is, if it was too big to fail, why was it allowed to exist? The anti trust forces were all over Microsoft when they bundled a browser in their operating system but really so what? In this case we have these super companies like AIG who are build on sand and when they collapse they take the economy down? Why wasnt that company broken up a while ago?