PDA

View Full Version : question

VPlandscapes
04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
should i put my age on my card or flyer? i don't want to lose customers because of my age, but i don't want them to think im 21 and then have me come and i'm only 11.:confused:

Steve
04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Most lawn care business owners don't ever put an age on their flyer so I am thinking you should avoid it too.

VPlandscapes
04-14-2009, 03:40 PM
ok thanks! I am just worried that a customer will be supprised to see an 11 year old show up at the door.:D

Steve
04-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Yea but keep in mind all us guys have been 11 at one time and most everyone has done some lawn mowing or shoveled snow off a driveway at that age.

ritchiem
04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't think you should put your age on your marketing matetial...however I know I would be surprised if an 11 year old showed up.

Steve remember Luke? He had great success sharing his story about being young in the trade. Perhaps this young chap cando the same thing.

Steve
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Steve remember Luke? He had great success sharing his story about being young in the trade. Perhaps this young chap cando the same thing.

That's a good point.

No matter who you are, you have something unique about you. If you are 11 and you think people would be surprised by your age, you can take that and run with it. Use it as your sales gimmick.

"Support your local youth, hire me to care for your lawn."

You don't have to do something like this, but you may find you have neighbors that are going to be really impressed with you and want to let you know by having you cut their lawn.

VPlandscapes
04-15-2009, 10:22 AM
great idea steve!! thanks!