PDA

View Full Version : Bi-weekly customers

MattLuciano
04-13-2009, 01:38 PM
How do you guys handle customers that only want their lawns serviced every other week? What if they say it only needs it every other week but when you go out there weekly it needs to be cut every week instead of bi-weekly.

ritchiem
04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
My Bi-Weely clients get charged at a premium. Usually 1 1/2 cuts price. So if a lawn costs $40.00 per cut I'll charge $60.00 per cut. That way it allows me to clean up any extra mess or bag the lawn.

People need to understand that it is not a cost saving alternative. Weekly lawn mowing is best. Bi-Weekly cuts usually take too much off the blade and can be detrimental for the turf.

If you are going past every week I would contact the client and let them know of the length of their lawn and let them know of concerns for their turf. If they care about how the lawn looks they should understand.

Steve
04-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Usually 1 1/5 cuts price.

Rich do you mean 1 1/2 ?

Also do you try to stay away from bi-weekly customers? If they insist on it, do you ever turn them down and suggest they find another lawn care provider?

ritchiem
04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
see that is where I wish I could edit my posts :) (can you fix that for me please).

I will never turn down work because of bi-weekly cuts.

justin_time
04-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Just to jump in here, the sign on the back of my trailer. The guy that does his sign, I also do his property bi-weekly. I just keep him in my schedule as if I were to do that area that day and I skip him every other week. His grass doesn't grow as much tough, it's mostly in the sun all day

swstout
04-13-2009, 08:00 PM
My Bi-Weely clients get charged at a premium. Usually 1 1/2 cuts price. So if a lawn costs $40.00 per cut I'll charge $60.00 per cut. That way it allows me to clean up any extra mess or bag the lawn.

People need to understand that it is not a cost saving alternative. Weekly lawn mowing is best. Bi-Weekly cuts usually take too much off the blade and can be detrimental for the turf.

If you are going past every week I would contact the client and let them know of the length of their lawn and let them know of concerns for their turf. If they care about how the lawn looks they should understand.

Very good points. I'm changing my prices using your 1 and 1/2 formula.

Steve

outerelements
04-14-2009, 01:04 AM
As it stands today, I have a total of 34 bi-weekly customers. I never thought about marking up the price by half. I really wish i would have thought of it a month or so ago. My only relief though is the amount of rain that my area is getting. The grass is growing at an unbelievable rate and I will use that in order to convince my customers weekly is the way to go until later in the year.:o

I dont about all of you, but i am freaking tired!!!! working all day; leaving when its dark and getting home when its dark...good:cool:nite