PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone, its been A while

quickcleanlawn
04-13-2009, 11:57 AM
hey yall, its been A long winter for me, but I;m back, work has been picking up pretty good. So whats been going on with everyone?

Steve
04-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Welcome back!

Were you doing a lot of work over the winter or no?

How does this Spring now compare with previous springs for your business? Are you more excited? Has your marketing changed? Do you have advice for others now about how to get through their first couple of years?

ritchiem
04-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Welcome back Blaine

musician/lawnman
04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Welcome back man!

quickcleanlawn
04-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Welcome back!

Were you doing a lot of work over the winter or no?

How does this Spring now compare with previous springs for your business? Are you more excited? Has your marketing changed? Do you have advice for others now about how to get through their first couple of years?

winter was slow,very slow.But I guess I made enough to keep going.I have Alot of A broken equipment I cant afford to get fixed yet , but so far this spring is promising. I mached net for march, came under in Feb. and on track for april, so I'm hopeful.

Steve
04-14-2009, 04:24 AM
What kinds of things are you looking forward to do this year with your marketing? Will you be experimenting with anything new?

quickcleanlawn
04-14-2009, 09:49 PM
What kinds of things are you looking forward to do this year with your marketing? Will you be experimenting with anything new?

Not really sure, I have been keeping it real simple and that has been working very well.
Oh, but I have been thinking about A mascot, standing out A corner, passing out fliers and dancing and stuff.

justin_time
04-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Well I sure missed ya :D ... the forum has been really quiet compared to last summer (so far, for me anyways)

Steve
04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
but I have been thinking about A mascot, standing out A corner, passing out fliers and dancing and stuff.

I was out driving around and saw two people doing this. One was dressed as the statue of liberty and another as uncle sam. They were waving to everyone and I was thinking, what are they doing that for. Then I looked behind them and noticed a new pizzeria was moving into a strip mall slot and they were doing this to grab attention.

It worked! Now I know about it.

quickcleanlawn
04-15-2009, 03:50 PM
I was out driving around and saw two people doing this. One was dressed as the statue of liberty and another as uncle sam. They were waving to everyone and I was thinking, what are they doing that for. Then I looked behind them and noticed a new pizzeria was moving into a strip mall slot and they were doing this to grab attention.

It worked! Now I know about it.

Exactly. how can you not notice somthing like that. If you think about almost every sucsessful business has A mascot. When you see that english talking geko on tv you cant help but to call gieko the next time you need an insurence quote. and wal mart with the little yellow smilly face flying around the store dropping prices.

I can just imagine the calls A lco will get, if he had his or her mascot walking through a neighbohood going door to door giving out balloons, biz cards and such.

hey everybody, thax for the welcome.

Steve
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
What kind of mascot ideas were you thinking about? You could be really creative with this.

quickcleanlawn
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
What kind of mascot ideas were you thinking about? You could be really creative with this.

I was thinking of A fast turtle named snapper or somthing, not really sure maybe A gator since I live in A swamp. Yeah an maybe I can give em A cajun accent in overalls and such.

Steve
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
That would rock! Great creative ideas!