PDA

View Full Version : Advertise in Schools

CHEESE2009
04-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm emailing principles of schools in the area of work.
I HOPE IT WORKS LMAO!

this is what I'm sending::::

Dear Mr/Mrs ______ of ______ School

I am the owner of Breeze Lawn Service here in Montreal.

I came up with a fun & creative project that all students can take part in.

My plan if possible would be to explain to the students about the complexities of starting their own business.
Example:

The Plan (is it possible? is it needed?)
The Budget (when can i start?)
The Requirements (what is needed)
Marketing (who/what/when/where/why)
Competition (how to lead, how to gain without lowering your service costs, etc)

After the above, I would ask of them to take a Breeze Lawn Service flyer & business card home with them.

If the household owners of the students are interested in hiring Breeze Lawn Service, each student will gain $20.00 for their support, & the homeroom class of the students will receive the required amount of Dominoes Pizza.

I would encourage students to work hard & focus while in class, letting them know & to understand the importance of putting in the hard work while the opportunity is given to them. I would explain the possible outcome of people who have refused to take school seriously, & how they are currently struggling.

I would love to explain to the students the difference of having a job vs having a career, & the cost of living.

I believe most students don't know about the frightening truth of what their life will become once they are on their own, without someone to take care of them. I also believe once the students get an idea, it will give them a goal to achieve.

Thank you for your time,
Scott Hudson
BREEZE SERVICE DE PELOUSE / LAWN SERVICE
(514) 895 - 5590

Steve
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Scott,

I like your idea. I am thinking you might get a better response if you don't make it too commercial. I love everything commercial, but with schools and kids, they may be a little picky on this.

I would take the section out

After the above, I would ask of them to take a Breeze Lawn Service flyer & business card home with them.

If the household owners of the students are interested in hiring Breeze Lawn Service, each student will gain $20.00 for their support, & the homeroom class of the students will receive the required amount of Dominoes Pizza.

Instead of saying that, you could do other things. Like maybe come up with a coloring book sheet that allowed the students to color in a mower or maybe an outline of what you talked about.

You could also hand out promotional magnets or tshirts or stuff kids would like. Maybe the magnets could promote mower safety and list 5 safety points and at the bottom it could have your business name and number. The magnets could be handed out at the end of the seminar to let the kids hang their coloring page up on their refrigerator.

You could also talk about outdoor power equipment safety and give a hand out on the dangers of the equipment.

I think this is a fantastic idea.

Keep me posted on this.

Steve
04-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I put together a coloring book design you can use as a hand out when you do this.

Check out the free flyer section here

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=49817#post49817

Attached is a sample of it already colored in.

CHEESE2009
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Awesome! Good thinking!

I might just color it in myself, ;)

Thanks!

Steve
04-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Keep us posted on how all this goes.