PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hi

BLS
04-10-2009, 04:49 PM
My lawn busniess is about 1 1/2 yrs old and going pretty good. Still trying to figure out good marketing strategies. If anyone has a suggestion let me know. My advertising consist of flyers , door hangers, & Word of mouth.Thinking about post its & post cards. Little bit about me : Live in louisiana , avid sportsman and very drivin.

LAWNORDEROAKVILLE
04-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I think a good idea would be to just get out and talk to people. Try a small photo album with some before and afters of your work if you've revived anyones lawns or made them look better. If you go to someones door and they say "how much" just hand them your flyer, card and photo album to look at while you're walking their property with them. That way if there are spots that need special attention they'll see examples of what it will look like. Or you could offer existing customers a referral discount if someone hires you fro their referral.

I'm gonna try a neighbors discount where if two or more neighbors get estimates together they will each recieve a 10% discount.

I'm new to the business but I know people like to envision results and thats what they'll pay for.

BLS
04-11-2009, 12:28 AM
That sounds well thought out. I thank you for the advise.I will definatly try this.Like the idea of handing them the album while walking the yard.

Steve
04-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi BLS,

That is a great question. I think the most important thing you can do is to meet people in your area.

Are you involved in any community organizations? Are any of your friends or family members? Are you letting all your friends and family know you are in business?

Are you giving them cards to hand out for you to their friends and family?

BLS
04-11-2009, 07:44 PM
My family & friends know about it but i should push a little hard w/ giving them cards.Maybe give them a gift certificate when they produce results

BLS
04-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know the round up laws as for as if you need a license to spray it on customers yards in Lake Charles louisiana.

Steve
04-11-2009, 10:50 PM
My family & friends know about it but i should push a little hard w/ giving them cards.Maybe give them a gift certificate when they produce results

Experiment with that and also experiment with simply giving them business cards. You would be amazed how many of your family members or friends would love to help you out by giving cards to their friends if they have them handy.

Does anyone know the round up laws as for as if you need a license to spray it on customers yards in Lake Charles louisiana.

I don't know this for a fact but if the customer provides you with the product, I think you can apply it, but I don't know for sure. You can contact your state to find the facts.

Keep us posted on how all this turns out.