PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Moosehead
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I am Moosehead on here and my name is Dave. I live up in northern Minnesota and was a home builder from 2001 until this year. With the market in the toilet I figure it's about time for a career change. I came across this web site searching for help on starting to offer lawn mowing and snow removal for the local cabins around here. Then an offer popped up in the local paper to bid lawn mowing for the hospitals and clinics around here so I could use some guidance to get this right and score a 2 year contract. Any advise? Thanks very much.:confused:

Steve
04-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Welcome to our forum!

WOW that would be something to jump right into.

Do they have some kind of packet to give to you? To let you know what services they require?

Moosehead
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Welcome to our forum!

WOW that would be something to jump right into.

Do they have some kind of packet to give to you? To let you know what services they require?

The ad says lawn mowing,grass repair(if needed),trimming of bushes.

Steve
04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Can you contact them to find out their specific requirements? Then walk the property and get the total sq ft of the area you will need to mow plus the amount of feet you will need to trim and any other specifics you will need to do? This will help you create a bid.

Moosehead
04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Can you contact them to find out their specific requirements? Then walk the property and get the total sq ft of the area you will need to mow plus the amount of feet you will need to trim and any other specifics you will need to do? This will help you create a bid.

I just off the phone with the guy and he is having everyone bidding the job coming at the same time on Tuesday next week. We will all walk the property and he will show us all what he wants then.

Steve
04-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Ok. Try and get the property measurements or figure it out with an overhead image. Keep us posted on how this goes.

Moosehead
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I will Steve thanks. What is the average per SQ foot for mowing?

Steve
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
What is the average per SQ foot for mowing?

What do you mean? The average lawn size? The average price per lawn?

Moosehead
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah price but I have been reading more and I think as a 1 man crew I will look more at the time it take. Thanks.

Steve
04-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Let us know what you come up with.