PDA

View Full Version : I got $500- Door Hangers or Website?

SprinklerRepair
04-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Well Opie, if it was 1963 and you and your dad Andy could hang some while you were on your way to the fishin' hole, or maybe slip Otis some beer money to do it for you, you would probably do okay in a town of 1000 people.

In 2009, unless you live in Bum Fudge Nowhere, there are more people who don't know who you are than people who do.

Flyer's on doors are for Gypsy roofers. Nobody trusts flyers. They are litter. They are "whadda dong on my property?" They just don't work. They say in great big letters "small time hustler."

Flyer's say " hey you, we just finished a convention and my boss said go dump these steaks/speakers/cookware at cost. Gotta spare cigarette?"

With a fully optimized first page website, you are saying "you want to do business with a leader."

It doesn't matter if it's only you and your brother-in-law, you can look like you are IBM or Valley Crest on your website.

In 2009 image is everything. And if your image is a door hanger, go skip a stone across a pond in Mayberry RFD for good luck. You'll need it.

Steve
04-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I dont know if this would work, but could you create different websites in different areas that get good search engine results and then lease the website to a local lawn care business owner. Maybe have them pay a certain amount of money per month to have the customers turned to them?

Might something like that work?

Green_Day
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Well Opie, if it was 1963 and you and your dad Andy could hang some while you were on your way to the fishin' hole, or maybe slip Otis some beer money to do it for you, you would probably do okay in a town of 1000 people.

In 2009, unless you live in Bum Fudge Nowhere, there are more people who don't know who you are than people who do.

Flyer's on doors are for Gypsy roofers. Nobody trusts flyers. They are litter. They are "whadda dong on my property?" They just don't work. They say in great big letters "small time hustler."

Flyer's say " hey you, we just finished a convention and my boss said go dump these steaks/speakers/cookware at cost. Gotta spare cigarette?"

With a fully optimized first page website, you are saying "you want to do business with a leader."

It doesn't matter if it's only you and your brother-in-law, you can look like you are IBM or Valley Crest on your website.

In 2009 image is everything. And if your image is a door hanger, go skip a stone across a pond in Mayberry RFD for good luck. You'll need it.

OR you could get in front of your target market with a leader in internet advertising and with a partner of Google.
Beyond Commerce, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: BYOC - News), an E-commerce solutions, local advertising and niche social networking company announced today that it will integrate SMS text messaging into the marketing campaigns of tens of thousands of client companies as part of an expanded relationship with one-to-one marketing solutions provider ExactTarget.

Beyond Commerce, which provides local online advertising and E-commerce solutions through its proprietary advertising platform LocalAdLink, its E-commerce engine i-SUPPLY and its social networking and online shopping site BOOMj, will begin using the text technology immediately to help its advertisers communicate more directly with consumers in markets across the country.
"By integrating the technology into its existing ExactTarget-powered email marketing efforts, Beyond Commerce will give its advertisers a competitive edge with the ability to deliver real-time coupons directly to consumer's mobile devices drawing consumers to their door immediately," said Tracy Jagerman, Beyond Commerce's Executive Director of Communications. "We believeLocalAdLInk's SMS coupon marketing campaigns will be successful because in a rough economy, frugal shoppers turn to coupons."

Little's
04-08-2009, 11:05 PM
This thread gives me the feeling of having Spam thrown at me.

Green_Day
04-08-2009, 11:18 PM

Don't be confused, open your eyes and smell the internet

SuperiorPower
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM

I concur but at least one of them has a better attitude about it than the other...... :eek:

SprinklerRepair
04-09-2009, 03:59 PM
There is more than one way to get exposure on the internet.

Both work.

PPC is faster. It is instantaneous. Have an ad on Google tomorrow. But it is renting.

Organic is slower (unless you use video, in a small city video is 48 hours).

Organic is 2 months, but it is owning. If you are trying to rank for a big area like "Houston lawn care" it might be a year. But if you are in it for the long haul, I believe it is preferable.

SprinklerRepair
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I dont know if this would work, but could you create different websites in different areas that get good search engine results and then lease the website to a local lawn care business owner. Maybe have them pay a certain amount of money per month to have the customers turned to them?

Might something like that work?

That's why I have 50+ lawn care URL's. Not to lease but to sell :)

Steve
04-09-2009, 05:01 PM
That's why I have 50+ lawn care URL's. Not to lease but to sell

I think that is a great idea. What's your view on leasing them though? That could be really beneficial to both parties involved. Maybe pick the top 50 lawn care markets and do that with them? Or something like that. You could lease it each year to the highest bidder or have a multi year contract.