PDA

View Full Version : I am so Glad that I found this site.....

ALOD
04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Charles.... and I am very (new) green in the Landscaping Industry.

Never really was involved in Landscaping until a short time ago, and if you are wondering in a bleek economy, and spirraling recession... why in the world would you open a business now?

There is no better time than the present to get out there and start something fresh. (at least that is my feeling)

I am a self-made entrepenuer and I have been some sort of sales and customer service industry all my life.

Recently I had a very good friend approach me and tell me of his business' pending doom of his once medium scale and at that tiem very profitable landscape and maintenance business???? of course I ask if there was anything that I could do to help? Just as any friend would.

The very next day I went down to their office and set up camp, it was only a matter of time before I was in the field meeting customers, bidding jobs and bidding contracts... some small scale some fairly large.

Well to wrapp this up and stop rambling..... I LOVED IT!!! I had been in the Automotive Industry for over twenty (20) years and worked just about every position from porter (wash boy) up to General Manager and Owner / Operator

I have never been so excited about a career in a long time... long hours and hard work I'm used to..... I have now grown acustom to getting dirty and running all sorts of equipment...... (couple of things I just rented for the day so that I could learn to drive them....hahhahha) seriously though, I feel this an honor to be in a proffession that you can see the fuits of your labor the minute that you complete a task! Very Gratifying!!!

My Goal is to be a Cut Above the Rest.

I don't have to the BIGGEST, just the one of the BEST..... oh yeah and profitable.... definitely has to be profitable.

Thank you for your time reading this and in the future I am sure that I am going to need help along the way.... so thanks in advance.

Sincerely:
Charles Craft
Architectural Landscape & Outdoor Design
Richmond Hill, Ga.

Steve
04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Charles,

Welcome to our forum!

You have a great business name, why do you feel you choose that?

ALOD
04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
The two major keys in determining the name of my company, Architectural Landscape & Outdoor Design was professionalism and longevity.

I market to Higher End, Upscale Communities and Residential Customers also to Large Commercial Clients. The name alone carries a strong presents and tells exactly what I offer... diversity.

The Company is a Full Scale Landscaping Company, that performs installs as well as irrigation, and also maintenance. We offer a wide variety of Hardscapes and Outdoor Architecture. Some of which we sub-contract out to legit (insured & lic.) contractors.

So long story short the name is simple and says alot in 4 words.

~ Charles

Steve
04-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Charles that is very fascinating! Can you tell us why you decided to focus on that group and also can you tell us about the importance of focusing on a certain demographic group?

How soon should a lawn care business think about such an issue?