PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan Advice

lgluhm
04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Any advice on how to start a business plan or what should be included in the plan. I have equipment all paid for. I have spent the last three years buying equipment, cutting yards and doing light landscaping. I feel I am not getting far. I work a full time job and would love to transition to lawncare full time.
I am putting a ad in the local paper and passing out flyers. My goal is to have 20 - 25 accounts this year and add more every year. Am I going about this wrong? I am thinking of buying the Gopher Lawn Care Business Software and the calculator. Is this a must have at my level of business. I am planning to grow the business. Is there any advice you can give. Any advice would be appreciated.

Little's
04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I would be totally lost without the Gopher software. I would say it is a must have.

ritchiem
04-07-2009, 10:48 PM
I have written a business and marketing plan...and you need to have one. I also update it every year I am in business (I have been solo for 2 years now, but ran a successful landscape maintenance company for someone else for 6 years).

Here is how I got started with one.

http://www.bplans.com/lawn_landscaping_business_plan/executive_summary_fc.cfm

Read through it take notes create tables in Excel. It is easy to do, but it does take time. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

swstout
04-07-2009, 11:53 PM
I have written a business and marketing plan...and you need to have one. I also update it every year I am in business (I have been solo for 2 years now, but ran a successful landscape maintenance company for someone else for 6 years).

Here is how I got started with one.

http://www.bplans.com/lawn_landscaping_business_plan/executive_summary_fc.cfm

Read through it take notes create tables in Excel. It is easy to do, but it does take time. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

I wrote my business plan with the aid of one of my textbooks. After seeing richards post and the link he put in, I am going to redo mine.

Thanks Rich.

Steve

Steve
04-08-2009, 02:32 AM
What do you feel is holding you back from being where you want to be?