PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Guy here

Chollie2
04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, I going to assume I can use the Logo if no one else claims it.
So, from now on, I am, da da da daaaaa,....Lawn Guy!

Steve
04-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Are you just starting up your lawn care business?

Chollie2
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Yes just starting up.

Steve
04-08-2009, 01:57 AM
What are some of the things that are next on your list now that you got your logo?

Chollie2
04-09-2009, 09:15 AM
You can trademark your logo. Actually, it's the service mark. sm, which you will be using because this is a service, trademarks are used for products.
here is the link http://www.uspto.gov/
I have got Lawn Guy letterhead, Lawn Guy invioces and Lawn Guy flyers.
Once you get your logo digitized into a "OMF" or "DST" file you can have it embroidered onto a cap or shirt. The place I went to, "Embroiderme" charges
$2.50 for a 2 color baseball cap and $7 for the embroderie so for under $10 you have a nice professional hat. You can get green khaki pants at a used uniform place for $5 and a nice beige long sleeve button down shirt for $3.50
at goodwill. Bingo, you're professional uniform for $18. Summertime you can get these underall type sweat-through athletic shirts and have them embrodered with you logo for the heat.
The only expensive part is the digitizing of the logo file from .bmp .jpeg or .pdf to OMF or DST. The embroderie place charges $80 for that.

Chollie2
04-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I found a place http://www.embroidery-designs-shop.com/store/WsAboutus.asp which will digitize your logo for $10.
Logo which are stored in .bmp or jpeg or whatever need to be digitized for the embroderie computer to be able to read them.
The reason that's so expensive is that the software is proprietary to the embroiderie machine.
Also, get your logo onto T-shirts and sweastshirts by a screen printer.

Chollie2
04-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Steve, the ultimate upgrade for your lawn service that I can see would be to franchise it once you've got your systems in place.
Ray Croc, the founder of MacDonald's once said, " if my competitor were drowning I would put a gardenhose in his mouth and turn on the water."
wow

Steve
04-09-2009, 11:49 AM
That is a lot of great content! Do you think you would enjoy starting a franchise? What is your view on that?

SuperiorPower
04-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Chollie2 just remember that the lawn guy logo you are wanting to use belongs to someone else. But then, of course, you may have already worked this out with him.

lawn-guy
04-09-2009, 07:47 PM
not to be a *** but my name is registered with the state and federal goverment business offices and using it would be a infringment on me and my company i will gladly make you a logo but i will not allow my logo to be reproduced or reused... im not tryin to be a pain but i have alot invested in myself and company and can not let it be givin a bad name- sorry but it would be no diffrent than u opening a burger joint and calling it mc donalds for 1 its illegal 2 its wrong and 3 its very un profeshonal(sp)

lawn-guy
04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
here are a few logos feel free to use any of these i just made please do not use mine u can have the ones below free of charge

Steve
04-11-2009, 01:18 AM
That was very kind of you. Thank you.

lawn-guy
04-11-2009, 10:49 AM
no prob just would like to keep whats mine mine you know im more than willing to help any one out

ritchiem
04-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I concur...very good of you to do that. Chollie2 should have tried to contact you personally to see about your logo rights. We also mention to them that it was your logo.

lawn-guy
04-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I concur...very good of you to do that. Chollie2 should have tried to contact you personally to see about your logo rights. We also mention to them that it was your logo.

thank you all i appreciate it