PDA

View Full Version : Bad Business Ethics

rclandscaping
04-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Ok So around my area, there are community boards at grocers and small stores. You can tack your ad with some business cards and a nice flyer with tabs. Well I do this alot. And at one of my locations where the managers say they clear them only after one month of being up, my flyer is always taken down into the first week. It is kinda of obvious that it is another landscaping company because theirs is right where mine used to be posted. Has anyone else had this go on in their town. I think that this is very bad practice and I just want to let everyone know that who ever does this should be ashamed. Thank you for listening!!!
Catherine
RC Landscaping

SuperiorPower
04-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Catherine I agree 100%. This is disrespectful and it is bad ethics. But remember, What goes around, comes around. Or to quote the original quote: Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

maizenblue301
04-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Being competitive is one thing but it sounds like somebody is jealous! There should be enough work for everybody. There is where I am from anyway. All the lawn care guys wave at each other as they pass on the road and are more than willing to give advice or even pass on extra work to new crews. Thats just the way it goes around here. I guess it depends on the size of the town though. I live in a military and college town so there is a lot of grass to cut and yard to be landscaped.

swstout
04-04-2009, 02:38 AM
I guess it takes all kinds for the world to go around. Some people come by this shoddy behavior naturally, others work hard at perfecting it!

You can bet you arn't the only one noticing this. Potential customers notice it also to your benefit. When I see this, I just put another up right next to theirs.

Steve

VPS Lawn Care
04-04-2009, 09:55 AM
People can be of the worst , thinking a shoe print on someone else will make things better for them. When all it does is leave a print of thier true nature, and that will show to all. These type people will be seen for who they are, if not at first glance, with the second look, and they will get what they have coming to them. People are not dumb in general, they may fall for a fancy sales pitch to start with, but the more and more they think of this person, see this person, they will see who they are. most likely if they do things like that, they will cut corners and loose the customer, and the cust. will call you.
Do what's right, and you will get the results you want. Do what is wrong, and the same will follow. Dont waste any more energy being mad, just keep moving forward in the right direction.

Steve
04-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I bet this is a very new and young business owner. It is odd behavior.

What have you decided to do about this situation? I bet a lot of others who find themselves in this situation would like to know.

rclandscaping
04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I have thought of the negative like ripping theirs down or even calling and confronting them but i just keep going in there every other day and makie sure mine is pretty(sorry im a girl) and neat and still there. I just put o new one up if it is not. I think the manager is on the lookout though now since Ive been in there so much. I have a couple customers that go there and one saw me talking to the manager about it and they said they would contact me if anything happens. I like to think that customers help out in more ways than one. That particular customer has his own wiring business and he knows how it is. Starting out and doing everything you can to get your name out there and these other companies do everything they can to keep your name out of publics eye. To tell you the truth, who has time for that. I have been working all week long. I was going to pass more flyers out but i had some big jobs come in. So im not sure if everyone is busy too now or what. Anyway it is best to ignore and forget. do your own thing the right way and those who are evil will get thieirs in their own way. Ok thank you!!

Steve
04-07-2009, 02:06 AM
I think you are doing a great job!