PDA

View Full Version : What is holding you back?

Steve
04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
What do you feel is currently holding you back from where you want to be?

TouchtonsCLC
04-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Learning the ropes on estimating. Bid some work for leaf clean-up and came in too low b/c I miscalculated the time it would take to do those jobs.

Live and learn.

lukus223
04-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Just getting customers, didn't think it would be this hard. I don't have enough marketing funds right now and I am afraid I am going to miss the boat if I don't get clients secured now (early in the season)

Steve
04-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Learning the ropes on estimating. Bid some work for leaf clean-up and came in too low b/c I miscalculated the time it would take to do those jobs.

Oh that is fascinating! How long did you think it would take and how long did it actually take? How would you charge differently now?

Just getting customers, didn't think it would be this hard. I don't have enough marketing funds right now and I am afraid I am going to miss the boat if I don't get clients secured now (early in the season)

If you can be reliable, there is no boat to miss. Customers will quickly look for a new lawn care business if the one they choose does not show up when they said they would. Keep getting the word out about your business and don't give up.