PDA

View Full Version : What do your competitors have?

Steve
04-03-2009, 12:04 PM
What does your next closest competitor have that your company does not? Or what do they have that you admire and strive to achieve?

maizenblue301
04-04-2009, 12:37 AM
new trucks and equipment(they have been in it alot longer though) also one guy owns a hydroseeder and a ton of tractors, skid steers and dump trucks. I would love to have at least a tractor or a skid and a dump truck. I have been doing a lot of mulch jobs and I could get more done if I didn't have to have mulch delivered somewhere everyday. I could just buy a bunch of mulch dump it at my house and go around every couple days and knock out two/three jobs a day.

swstout
04-04-2009, 01:15 AM
What does your next closest competitor have that your company does not? Or what do they have that you admire and strive to achieve?

A very tough question. Only one of my competitors has a website. Two are listed on Google Maps (not the one with the website). I checked county records and none have a license (I guess I spent $321.00 for mine).

The one with a website (a one page site), offers complete lawn services, roofing, siding, replacement windows, and general handyman services.

The local newspaper has a block ad for one.

I received 6 calls today! Right now, I'm a little fearful of growing faster than I might be able to properly service. My goal was 50 jobs and I have 21 now. We have had a week of solid rain and the grass has started growing with a vengeance. I get my replacement vehicle Monday and am already considering another and employees.

Steve

maizenblue301
04-05-2009, 08:37 AM
If your the only guy in town who is license I would take that and run with it. Advertise it everywhere.

When it comes to hiring...when i started having a bit to much work than I could handle by myself, I hired a full time helper. He is actually a part timer because the two of us get jobs done quicker than I could by myself. So I have only been working him 25-30 hrs per week. I guess my point is: when you get too busy hire a part timer first and see if that helps you enough...if not then hire him full time!

Just a suggestion

EasyPro
04-06-2009, 11:00 PM
This is a no brainer . . who cares about the equipment, trucks, lic. ect. . . .none of that makes me money . . .I want there accounts!!! No more accounts = no more comp!!!!