PDA

View Full Version : hello!

lawnofthemonth
03-27-2009, 07:07 PM
just found this site and look forward to browsing around!

I was a salesrep in the residential chemical industry for a decade, i got licensed, quit my job in feb of 09 and started my own company. so far i have 45 accounts or so from leaving door hangers and bandit signs on phone poles.
i look forward to learning and contributing!

Bryan

Steve
03-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Welcome Bryan!

I bet you learned a lot of great insight as a sales rep. What kinds of marketing ideas stood out that you jumped on when launching your business and are there others you plan on experimenting with in the future?

lawnofthemonth
03-28-2009, 06:18 PM
the only marketing ideas that i can afford right now are door hangers and bandit signs so that is all im doing.

some times i'll write down adresses of lawns that need help and look up their phone # on whitepages.com and call them. "hey i treat your neighbors lawn, do you want yours done?" that works pretty well.

Steve
03-30-2009, 04:09 PM
some times i'll write down adresses of lawns that need help and look up their phone # on whitepages.com and call them. "hey i treat your neighbors lawn, do you want yours done?" that works pretty well.

That is very creative!

Are you tracking where your customers initially hear of you from? Do you ask them when they call? How would you rate your different marketing techniques as far as effectiveness?