PDA

View Full Version : Hello

cuttinitcloselc
03-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone!

I am starting up my own lawn service company. When i was younger I worked for a lawn care company and i really enjoyed it. I dont have alot to start with but I am in it for the long haul. Hopefully i can get some clients this spring. So any help will be great.

CHEESE2009
03-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Well for starters it's good to have equipment or be able to get it all before your due to work.

Then you can start planning your advertising campaign. Business cards, fliers are most common. Maybe you can even make connections like I did, I was handing out my fliers door to door & met a guy who I thought would be competition, but in fact he is out of the business doing mostly construction. This man offered to advertise my service along side with his, & give me some pretty decent advice!

Hand out fliers over the weekend (it's when people take time to relax, take the time to look at your flier)

Focus on a small area, and send your fliers to them 3x instead of 1-2 times some may say this sounds desperate, but I believe it shows you are consistent! They might chuck it the 1st time, think about it the second time, but the third time they will remember you, & it's possible they might try you out!

etc.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and I just farted... (I had a delicious pastry for lunch)

Steve
03-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Have you lined up some customers yet? What kind of things are you doing to market your business?

cuttinitcloselc
03-27-2009, 09:19 PM
I have been working on my business cards and will be starting my flyers next, also started a website but have alot of work to do to it. thank you for the advise so far. I will definatley pass flyers out 3 times. I will be offering mowing,Fertilizer application,pruning,thatching,hedge&trimming,leaf clean-up,mulching,sprinkler system repair and/ or maintenance,weed prevention,core areation,insect control and in the winter time snow removal.

Steve
03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
That is great! Do you feel a lot of what you had learned is coming back to you now as you start your own business?

Did you do any marketing for the previous lawn care business?