PDA

View Full Version : Buying Equipment

MattW
03-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Hello, everyone first off I would like to thank everyone that has made this web site possible. It has been a great deal of help with lot of things, on getting started last year.
Up till now I have been using just a higher end residental mower.
I am in the market for a new commercial mower so Far I am thinking of going for a Toro 22177TE with the BBC does anyone have a better idea or own one. That could give me an idea of more then just the specification Priced at only about $1,500.00 Can is it priced to sell and is it a good investment. This isnt a full time job for me just 20-30 hrs a week as I have a full time job. Client base is about a dozen clients but growing.
thank you, for your insight
Matt

StartALawnCareBusiness
03-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Matt:

Welcome to the forum.

I think one mistake people make in choosing equipment is in finding the correct equipment for the lawns they are going to mow.

Tell us a bit more about your clients. What size yards? Are they flat or hilly? Do they require bagging?

I am not personally familiar with that particular lawn mower but I have just looked it up online. For the vast majority of the lawns I have serviced over the years (at least the ones I would use a push mower for) I would never consider purchasing a push mower with small wheels in the back. Hi-wheel mowers make turning and navigating undulations in the lawn much easier than small wheels.

What other mowers are you considering?

This is only my opinion (after many years in the business). :D

Keith

SuperiorPower
03-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I am not personally familiar with that mower either, but I think it seems to be a bit over priced for what the mower is. I agree, if you are going to be push mowing any amount, even with a push mower, you would never regret buying one with large wheels on the back. Even if the wheels are only several inches taller the mower will push and turn much easier. Is there a reason you are not buying a small ZTR mower?