PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you want to know more?

Steve
04-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Since I have posting a bunch of his quotes lately,

Donny Deutsch - From: Inc. Magazine, June 2005 (http://www.inc.com/magazine/20050601/how-i-did-it.html)
As another very confident man said, It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Donny Deutsch joined his father's small ad agency in 1983, around the time the elder Deutsch was starting to think about selling. Donny talked him out of that, then went about remaking the company in his own rebellious and energetic image. Deutsch Inc. has counted as clients Tanqueray, Pfizer, Ikea (for whom Donny designed a controversial campaign featuring a *** couple), and, during the 1992 presidential campaign, Bill Clinton. In 2000 Deutsch sold the company to the Interpublic Group (he remains chairman and CEO; Deutsch Inc. had $3.16 billion in billings last year) and turned a portion of his restless ambition toward media. Last year, he launched a CNBC talk show, The Big Idea With Donny Deutsch, about which he says, contentedly, "some people like it and some don't." He has floated the idea of running for mayor of New York City. Here Deutsch, who is 47, shares some of what he's learned over two decades in the business world ** including some of the insights he is gathering for a book of advice to be published next fall: Often Wrong, Never in Doubt.

kc2006
04-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I just realized who he is after it said about his show on CNBC. Smart guy but I don't like him that much, he seems way left wing for me.

Steve
04-21-2006, 09:05 PM
You know what's funny? In his book he takes an entire chapter to talk about how people tell him how they don't like him before they meet him and then later after they meet him, they say they like him.

He really does project an image though.

Smart guy! He knows his craft.