PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Yard Maintenance (AYM)

AYM
03-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Started getting serious this year and basically trying to get all the info I can on the business, not so much the work, I know how to do that, I am trying to learn all I can about running a business and making it grow and successful. This site seemed very informative and not too pushy on the sale of info. I appreciate all the help I see. Thanks (Upstate NY)

Steve
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi AYM,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business? Also what kinds of things have been doing to market your business?

AYM
03-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the reply Steve,

I got into the business as I have been doing it off and on my whole life, and about a year ago I took a ft job which gives me 4 days off a week, so I have the extra time not to really commit myself.

As for marketing I have put an ad in the local "penny saver" type weekly paper and I also have been paying 3 people (who I trust) to hand out flyers in the surrounding area. The response is incredible. I have picked up almost 20 new spring clean ups this spring so far and a few complete contracts. I have put out about 2000 flyers and have about the same left to do.

I appreciate all the info on your site and found the contracts the most helpful. Thanks again AYM

Steve
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
That is fantastic! Have you been using craigslist at all?

Also in your flyers, do you make any kind of offer to grab the customers attention?

AYM
03-30-2009, 07:27 PM
I did put a couple of ads on Craigslist, and really haven't gotten any response as I did the flyers. If you want work put out flyers, only con to it is the time you have to personnaly invest to make it happen.

As for my flyer, I start out with a Big "Spring Is Here" ad and get to a little personal type letter but very short and to the point. Like I said the response has been incredible. I am up to about 30 clean ups now, 4 tree jobs, 6 full contracts plus a ton of little side things like rottotilling and planting grass or flowers lined up for after cleanups, and the calls keep coming. I have been doing 3+ estimates every day. Thanks for the response, AYM

Steve
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
That is fantastic! What are some of your future plans with your business? I'd love to hear what is coming up next.