PDA

View Full Version : Just a pretty cool picture I took

musician/lawnman
03-24-2009, 07:35 AM
I have a lawn that has a big drop off right near the road & it dawne on me while cutting it that a picture from this vantage point could both show the well manacured lawn & the signage on my trailer. I'm sure I looked like a freak laying down in the lawn to get the shot.... but what the hell right?

ritchiem
03-24-2009, 09:16 AM
I always have my camera on me for pics like this. I also love taking macro shots as well....like this new one.

Steve
03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh wow! Those are cool pictures! How do you do macro shots!

neukam
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
These are great shots. I alway knew we weren't crazy taking photos. I once sneaked into a building to get on there roof to take a shot of a yard before.

musician/lawnman
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Hell yeah that's cool, Great before & after shots can really sell future work for you. I have a ton of them in the photos section of our site.

Nice shot there Rich!

Steve
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Chuck can you use such pictures in your marketing materials? Have you ever considered that?

Little's
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Sometimes I take pics when Im up in trees. I took this last summer with old camera phone I had. Picture quality was not great, but the temps were 100 degrees and I wanted to jump in this pool sooo bad. We finally jumped in when the job was done.

I have some pictures way higher up than this, but I need to search for them.

http://bootsniffer.com/images/treepool.jpg

Steve
03-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Thats a neat perspective!

You got me thinking. There was this show on the other night. I think it was on National Geographic channel? Something like Axe Cowboys/ Wranglers or something. These guys go out in the forest as a team and take down a bunch of trees in a certain area.

In this specific episode, they brought along a new employee and the first thing they get him to do is climb 60+ft up a tree to attach a pulley they will use somehow to take down other trees with.

OMG It was insane. What a trial by fire! Way to dangerous I thought. Why not scale it up step by step. There was a helmet cam that was focused on the climbers face and the guy was in shear terror. It's times like that when you mess up and mess up badly.

justin_time
03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
I am not a photography expert but someone told me that when you want to create a macro shot, your suppose to put the flower

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/dmc-tz5macro.jpg

Btw, that is my camera, it's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5. I love it, I will carry it in my truck with me all season long

Little's
03-24-2009, 10:48 PM
OMG It was insane. What a trial by fire! Way to dangerous I thought. Why not scale it up step by step. There was a helmet cam that was focused on the climbers face and the guy was in shear terror. It's times like that when you mess up and mess up badly.

People either got it or they dont. What I mean is there are people that can climb up a 100 ft tree, and there are people who cant. That is a good way to find it which kind of person he was.

I have climbed up to about 100 ft, and it doesnt bother me. I have friends that help me sometimes, and different times they say something like "I can do that". So I tell them "well come on up then". They usually dont make it past the 20 ft. mark before panicking and freezing, or head down as fast as possible!

The funny t6hing is Im very comfortable up high in a tree, but me at the top of a ladder at about 20 ft or so, and I get very nervous.

justin_time
03-24-2009, 11:17 PM
People either got it or they dont. What I mean is there are people that can climb up a 100 ft tree, and there are people who cant. That is a good way to find it which kind of person he was.

I have climbed up to about 100 ft, and it doesnt bother me. I have friends that help me sometimes, and different times they say something like "I can do that". So I tell them "well come on up then". They usually dont make it past the 20 ft. mark before panicking and freezing, or head down as fast as possible!

The funny t6hing is Im very comfortable up high in a tree, but me at the top of a ladder at about 20 ft or so, and I get very nervous.

That's why they invented pole pruners ;) ... you'd never see me in a tall tree, i'm afraid on top of a 6 foot ladder.. it's my only fear, that's why i'm into ground work ;)

musician/lawnman
03-24-2009, 11:36 PM
I am not a climber, never have been. Not an overwhelming fear but a strong respect for heights. I can do moderate jobs but never a 100 ft tree!
I don't mind say climbing a ladder up & doing a tree, or up & walikng a steep 2 story roof, but I hate climbing back onto the ladder getting off the roof, the transition scares me.

Steve,

Yeah I plan to use shots like this one, & I have already added this shot to the home page on the website.

Little's
03-25-2009, 01:17 AM
That's why they invented pole pruners ;) ... you'd never see me in a tall tree, i'm afraid on top of a 6 foot ladder.. it's my only fear, that's why i'm into ground work ;)
Ladders are scary, and dangerous. I feel safer in a tree than on a ladder. And yes, pole pruners are great, and save me from having to climb a lot of small tree jobs.

Mr Greenthumb
03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Those are both great pics guys... Ever use any of your photo's in your advertising?

musician/lawnman
03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah I have used some on signs & flyers etc. & the web page.