PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP on finding a good letter........

colorblind2u
03-24-2009, 01:12 AM
I am going into Real Estate companies and wanted to hand out my flyer showing my business. I just don't know what I should put in my letter? I know that the houses all need to be kept up on the outside in order to sell and if they sell the house the new owners could get a card or a letter showing who did the work.
Can someone please help me type a letter showing what to say?
THANK YOU,
Mark

swstout
03-24-2009, 02:01 AM
I am going into Real Estate companies and wanted to hand out my flyer showing my business. I just don't know what I should put in my letter? I know that the houses all need to be kept up on the outside in order to sell and if they sell the house the new owners could get a card or a letter showing who did the work.
Can someone please help me type a letter showing what to say?
THANK YOU,
Mark

I sent out mailings to all the RE co's and Banks in the area. Before starting, I talked to the agent who handled my home purchase. I found that they wouldn't even talk to me if I didn't have a business license and at least $1,000.000.00 liability insurance in the company name. You also need business umbrella insurance on your vehicle.

In my letter, I offered basic weekly and by-weekly service for mowing, edging, and weed wacking. Mentioned lot clean-up, hedge and bush trimming, my website (for pre-selling). etc. I also offered discounts for 3 or more property contracts highlighting advantages of giving street appeal for their properties.

I received 6 calls, got one 4 property contract and 2 agent contracts.

If you do get calls, do everything possible to meet them in person at the properties.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Steve
03-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I sent out mailings to all the RE co's and Banks in the area.

Do you remember how many you sent out and what you think the response rate was? That should give him a target of how many he should be sending out.

If you do get calls, do everything possible to meet them in person at the properties.

Can you tell us a little why this is so important?

swstout
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Do you remember how many you sent out and what you think the response rate was? That should give him a target of how many he should be sending out.

I mailed out letters (not flyers) to 31 RE Co's. I received 1 call and 3 contacts via my website. I have a 'Please provide the following contact information:' application on every page of my site. So about 13%. The call came in right away but the 3 web contacts camen in 3-4 weeks later. This tells me they either saved my letter or bookmarked my site.

I received no contacts from the 16 banks and credit unions except form letter information about joing them. So 0% response.<title>HTML clipboard</title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><meta name="Microsoft Theme" content="journal 1000, default"><meta name="Microsoft Border" content="tlb, default"><!**StyleSheet Link**><style mstheme="fptheme"> <!** .mstheme{ nav-banner-image:url(banner_journal.gif); separator-image:url(rule_journal.gif); list-image-1:url(bull1_journal.gif); list-image-2:url(bull2_journal.gif); list-image-3:url(bull3_journal.gif); navbutton-horiz-normal:url(nav_hor_journal.gif); navbutton-horiz-pushed:url(nav_hor_down_journal.gif); navbutton-vert-pushed:url(nav_vert_down_journal.gif); navbutton-vert-normal:url(nav_vert_journal.gif); navbutton-home-normal:url(nav_home_journal.gif); navbutton-up-normal:url(nav_up_journal.gif); navbutton-prev-normal:url(nav_prev_journal.gif); navbutton-next-normal:url(nav_next_journal.gif); } UL{ list-style-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/bull1_journal.gif'); } UL UL{ list-style-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/bull2_journal.gif'); } UL UL UL{ list-style-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/bull3_journal.gif'); } .mstheme-bannertxt{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:5; color:#FFFFFF; } .mstheme-horiz-navtxt{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:2; color:#FFFFFF; } .mstheme-vert-navtxt{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:2; color:#FFFFFF; } .mstheme-navtxthome{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:1; color:#FFFFFF; } .mstheme-navtxtup{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:1; color:#FFFFFF; } .mstheme-navtxtprev{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:1; color:#FFFFFF; } .mstheme-navtxtnext{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:1; color:#FFFFFF; }a:link{ color:#D03505; } a:visited{ color:#FF7045; } a:active{ color:#E44D03; } body{ color:#6A6A6A; background-color:#FFFFFF; } h1{ color:#6A6A6A; } h2, marquee{ color:#6A6A6A; } h3{ color:#6A6A6A; } h4{ color:#6A6A6A; } h5{ color:#6A6A6A; } h6{ color:#6A6A6A; } label, .MSTHEME-LABEL{ color:#6A6A6A; } FIELDSET{ border-color:#BBBBBB; color:#000000; } LEGEND{ color:#6A6A6A; } SELECT{ border-color:#BBBBBB; color:#000000; } TABLE{ table-border-color-light:#DADAD; table-border-color-dark:#9A9A9A; border-color:#333333; color:#6A6A6A; } CAPTION{ color:#6A6A6A; } TH{ color:#6A6A6A; } HR{ color:#9A9A9A; } TD{ border-color:#333333; } .mstheme{ navbutton-background-color:#FFFFFF; top-bar-button:url(top_bar_button_journal.gif); } .mstheme-topbar-font{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; } body{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } h1{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; } h2{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; } h3{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; } h4{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; } h5{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; } h6{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; } IL{ list-style-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/bull2_journal.gif'); } BUTTON{ border-style:solid; border-width:1pt; font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal; } label, .MSTHEME-LABEL{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal; } TEXTAREA{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal } FIELDSET{ border-style:solid; border-width:1pt; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal; } LEGEND{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal; } SELECT{ border-style:solid; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal } TABLE{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal; } CAPTION{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal; } TH{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:bold; } MARQUEE{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-main{ border-color:#D03505; } .ms-bannerframe, .ms-GRHeaderBackground, .ms-storMeFree{ background-image:url(''); background-color:#000000; background-repeat:repeat-x; } .ms-banner{ color:#D03505; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-banner a:link{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; } .ms-banner a:visited{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; } .ms-nav td{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-navframe{ border-color:#DFDFD0; } .ms-nav a{ text-decoration:none; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; color:#D03505; } .ms-nav a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; color:#FFA800; } .ms-nav a:visited{ color:#D03505; } .ms-viewselect a:link{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; } .ms-titlearea{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-pagetitle{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; } .ms-pagetitle a{ text-decoration:underline; color:#D03505; } .ms-pagetitle a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; color:#FFA800; } .ms-announcementtitle{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-formlabel{ font-family:verdana; font-size:.7em; font-weight:normal; color:#808080; } .ms-formbody{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-formdescription{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#808080; } .ms-selected{ background-color:#D9D9D9; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-selected SPAN{ color:#D9D9D9; } .ms-filedialog TD{ height:16px; } .ms-descriptiontext{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-descriptiontext a{ color:#D03505; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-separator{ color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-authoringcontrols{ background-color:#DFDFD0; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-alternating{ background-color:#DFDFD0; } .ms-back{ vertical-align:top; padding-left:4; padding-right:4; padding-top:2; padding-bottom:4; background-color:#DFDFD0; } .ms-sectionheader{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; } .ms-sectionline{ background-color:#9A9A9A; } .ms-partline{ background-color:#9A9A9A; } .ms-propertysheet{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-propertysheet th{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:bold; } .ms-propertysheet a{ text-decoration:none; color:#D03505; } .ms-propertysheet a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; color:#FFA800; } .ms-propertysheet a:visited{ text-decoration:none; color:#FF7045; } .ms-propertysheet a:visited:hover{ text-decoration:underline; } .ms-itemheader a{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; color:#6A6A6A; text-decoration:none; } .ms-itemheader a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-itemheader a:visited{ text-decoration:none; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-itemheader a:visited:hover{ text-decoration:underline; } .ms-vh{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; } .ms-vb{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; height:18px; vertical-align:top; } .ms-homepagetitle{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; } :hover.ms-homepagetitle{ text-decoration:underline; color:#D03505; } .ms-addnew{ font-weight:normal; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; text-decoration:none; } .ms-cal{ border-collapse:collapse; table-layout:fixed; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; cursor:default; } .ms-caltop{ border-top:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; vertical-align:top; width:14%; height:30px; } .ms-calhead{ border:none; text-align:center; background-color:#6A6A6A; color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding:2px; } .ms-caldow{ border-top:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; vertical-align:top; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; color:#6A6A6A; height:20px; } .ms-calmid{ border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; height:20px; } .ms-calspacer{ border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; height:4px; } .ms-calbot{ border-top:none; border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-bottom:1px solid #9A9A9A; height:2px; } .ms-appt a{ color:#D03505; } .ms-appt a:hover{ color:#FFA800; } .ms-appt{ border:2px solid #9A9A9A; text-align:center; vertical-align:middle; height:18px; overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis; background-color:#D9D9D9; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-caldowdown{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; color:#6A6A6A; text-align:center; vertical-align:middle; } .ms-caldown{ color:#6A6A6A; vertical-align:top; } .ms-datepickeriframe{ position:absolute; display:none; background:#FFFFFF; } .ms-datepicker{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color:#FFFFFF; color:#6A6A6A; border:2 outset activeborder; cursor:default; } .ms-dpdow{ border:none; vertical-align:top; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; color:#6A6A6A; border-bottom:1px solid #9A9A9A; } .ms-dpday{ border:none; text-align:center; cursor:hand; } .ms-dpselectedday{ border:none; background-color:#DFDFD0; text-align:center; cursor:hand; } .ms-dpnonmonth{ color:#6D6D6D; border:none; text-align:center; cursor:hand; } .ms-dphead{ border:none; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; background-color:#B0B0B0; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-dpfoot{ text-align:center; text-align:center; font-style:italic; border-top:1px solid; border-left:none; border-bottom:none; border-right:none; height:24px; } IMG.ms-button{ cursor:hand; } .ms-toolbar, .ms-toolbar a:visited{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; text-decoration:none; color:#D03505; } .ms-stylebody{ font-family:verdana; font-size:8pt; } .ms-styleheader a:link, .ms-stylebody a:link{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-styleheader a:visited, .ms-stylebody a:visited{ text-decoration:none } .ms-styleheader a:hover, .ms-stylebody a:hover{ color:#ff3300; text-decoration:underline; } table.ms-toolbar{ background-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/toolgrad_journal.gif'); border:1px solid #6D6D6D; background-color:#D03505 } .ms-gridT1{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#6D6D6D; } select{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } hr{ color:#9A9A9A; height:2px; } .ms-formdescription A{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-formtable .ms-formbody{ line-height:1.3em; } .ms-radiotext{ cursor:default; text-align:left; font-family:verdana; font-size:10pt; height:19px; } .ms-gridtext{ cursor:default; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; height:19px; } .ms-formbody{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; vertical-align:top; } table.ms-form th{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; vertical-align:top; } table.ms-form td{ width:100%; vertical-align:top; } .ms-formrecurrence{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; vertical-align:top; } .ms-long{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; width:386px; } .ms-banner a:link{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; } .ms-banner a:visited{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; } .ms-nav td, .ms-nav .ms-SPZoneLabel, .ms-input{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-nav th{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-navheader a, .ms-navheader a:link, .ms-navheader a:visited{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-navframe{ background:#DFDFD0; } .ms-navline{ border-bottom:1px solid #FF996D; } .ms-nav .ms-navwatermark{ color:#F0F0F0; } .ms-selectednav{ border:1px solid #6A6A6A; background:#FFFFFF; padding-top:1px; padding-bottom:2px; } .ms-unselectednav{ border:1px solid #DFDFD0; padding-top:1px; padding-bottom:2px; } .ms-verticaldots{ border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-left:none; } .ms-nav a:link{ } TD.ms-titleareaframe{ color:#000000; border-color:#D03505; } TABLE.ms-titleareaframe{ border-left:0px; } Div.ms-titleareaframe{ border-top:4px solid #D03505; } .ms-searchform{ background-color: #D03505; } .ms-searchcorner{ background-color:#D03505; background-image:none; } .ms-titlearealine{ background-color:#9A9A9A; } .ms-bodyareaframe{ border-color:#D03505; } .ms-pagetitle{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-pagetitle a{ text-decoration:none; } .ms-pagetitle a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; } .ms-pagecaption{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-selectedtitle{ background-color:#DFDFD0; border:1px solid #000000; padding-top:1px; padding-bottom:2px; } .ms-unselectedtitle{ margin:1px; padding-top:1px; padding-bottom:2px; } .ms-menuimagecell{ background-color:#FFFFFF; cursor:hand; } .ms-filedialog td{ height:16px; } .ms-alerttext{ color:#DB6751; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-sectionheader a{ color:#6A6A6A; text-decoration:none; } .ms-sectionheader a:hover{ color:#6A6A6A; text-decoration:none; } .ms-sectionheader a:visited{ color:#6A6A6A; text-decoration:none; } .ms-discussiontitle{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:bold; } .ms-vh2{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; vertical-align:top; } .ms-vh-icon{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; vertical-align:top; width:22px; } .ms-vh-icon-empty{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; vertical-align:top; width:0px; } .ms-vh-left{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; } .ms-vh-left-icon{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; width:22px; } .ms-vh-left-icon-empty{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; width:0px; } .ms-vh-right{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; } .ms-vh-right-icon{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; width:22px; } .ms-vh-right-icon-empty{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; width:0px; } .ms-vh a, .ms-vh a:visited, .ms-vh2 a, .ms-vh2 a:visited, .ms-vh-left a, .ms-vh-right a{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-vh a:hover, .ms-vh2 a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; } .ms-vhImage{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#000000; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; vertical-align:top; width:18pt; } .ms-gb{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; height:18px; color:#6A6A6A; background-color:#DFDFD0; font-weight:bold; } .ms-styleheader{ font-family:verdana; font-size:0.68em; background-color:#DFDFD0; } .ms-vb, .ms-vb2, .ms-GRFont, .ms-vb-user{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; vertical-align:top; } .ms-vb a, .ms-vb2 a, .ms-GRStatusText a, .ms-vb-user a{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-vb a:hover, .ms-vb2 a:hover, .ms-vb-user a:hover{ color:#FFA800; text-decoration:underline; } .ms-vb a:visited, .ms-vb2 a:visited, .ms-GRStatusText a:visited, .ms-vb-user a:visited{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-vb a:visited:hover, .ms-vb2 a:visited:hover, .ms-vb-user a:visited:hover{ color:#FFA800; text-decoration:underline; } .ms-vb2, .ms-vb-title, .ms-vb-icon, .ms-vb-user{ border-top:1px solid #D03505; } .ms-vb-icon{ vertical-align:top; width:16px; padding-top:2px; padding-bottom:0px; } .ms-vb2{ padding-top:3px; padding-bottom:0px; } .ms-addnew{ font-weight:normal; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-error{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; color:#db6751; } .ms-vcal{ border-collapse:separate; table-layout:fixed; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; cursor:default; } .ms-Dcal{ border-collapse:collapse; border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; table-layout:fixed; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; cursor:default; } .ms-calDmidHour{ border-color:#9A9A9A; height:20px; } .ms-calDmidHalfHour{ border-color:#9A9A9A; height:20px; } .ms-calDmidQuarterHour{ border:0px none; height:20px; } .ms-CalSpacer{ border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; height:4px; } .ms-CalDSpacer{ border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; height:4px; } .ms-CalVSpacer{ background-color:#9A9A9A; width:0px; } .ms-CalAllDay{ text-align:center; vertical-align:top; width:10%; height:12px; } .ms-firstCalHour{ vertical-align:top; width:10%; height:12px; } .ms-calHour{ border-top:1px solid #9A9A9A; vertical-align:top; width:10%; height:12px; } .ms-calHalfHour{ border-top:1px solid #FF996D; vertical-align:top; height:12px; } .ms-calQuarterHour{ border-top:0px none; vertical-align:top; height:12px; } .ms-Dappt{ border:2px solid #9A9A9A; text-align:center; vertical-align:middle; height:18px; overflow:hidden; background-color:#D9D9D9; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Vappt{ border-top:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-left:2px solid #FFFFFF; border-bottom:3px solid #FFFFFF; border-right:2px solid #FFFFFF; text-align:center; padding-left:3px; padding-right:3px; vertical-align:middle; height:12px; overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis; background-color:#F0F0F0; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Vapptsingle a, .ms-Vappt a{ text-decoration:none; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; color:#D03505; overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis; } .ms-Vappt a:link{ } .ms-Vappt a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Vevt{ padding:0px; text-align:center; vertical-align:top; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; height:12px; overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Vevt a{ text-decoration:none; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:normal; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Vevt a:link{ } .ms-Vevt a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Vevt a:visited{ color:#DFD664; } .ms-apptsingle{ border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; height:18px; vertical-align:middle; overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Dapptsingle{ border-left:1px solid #9A9A9A; border-right:1px solid #9A9A9A; height:18px; vertical-align:middle; overflow:hidden; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-Vapptsingle{ border:1px solid #9A9A9A; text-align:center; vertical-align:middle; overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis; color:#6A6A6A; background-color:#F0F0F0; } .ms-Vapptsingle a:link{ } .ms-Vapptsingle a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; } .ms-Vapptsingle a:visited{ } .ms-dpnextprev{ border:none; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; background-color:#B0B0B0; color:#6A6A6A; cursor:hand; } .ms-discussionseparator{ color:#FF996D; height:1px; } .ms-stylelabel{ font-family:verdana; font-size:8pt; color:#D03505; } .ms-stylebox{ font-family:verdana; border:1px solid #FF996D; text-align:left } img.thumbnail{ border:3px solid #B0B0B0; } tr.ms-imglibselectedrow{ background-color:#DFDFD0; } table.ms-imglibtitletable{ border:0px solid #D03505; } .ms-imglibthumbnail{ background-color:#DFDFD0; border:solid #B0B0B0 0px; } span.thumbnail{ padding:16 10; position:relative; width:5px; } span.userdata{ behavior:url(#default#userData); display:none; } .ms-imglibmenuhead{ cursor:move; } .ms-imglibmenu{ background-color:#DFDFD0; cursor:hand; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#D03505; } .ms-imglibmenutext{ cursor:move; font-weight:bold; color:#D03505; } .ms-imglibmenuarea{ background-color:#DFDFD0; } img.ms-imglibpreviewarea{ border:solid #DFDFD0 3px; margin-top:3px; } a.ms-imglibPreviewTitle{ overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis; width:130; } table.ms-imglibPreviewTable{ display:none; } .UserShadedRegion{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color:#DFDFD0; } .UserCaption{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color:#DFDFD0; } .UserConfiguration{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color:#DFDFD0; } .UserDottedLine{ margin-bottom:2px; height:1px; overflow:hidden; background-color:transparent; background-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/dot_journal.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x } .UserButton, .UserInput, .UserSelect{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; } .UserNotification{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding:4px; COLOR:#6D6D6D; } .UserToolBarTextArea{ padding-bottom:5px; font-weight:normal; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .UserToolbarTextArea A:link{ COLOR:#D03505; TEXT-DECORATION:none; } .UserToolbarTextArea A:visited{ COLOR:#D03505; TEXT-DECORATION:none; } .UserToolbarTextArea A:hover{ COLOR:#FFA800; TEXT-DECORATION:underline; } .UserToolbarDisabledLink{ COLOR:#000000; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding:4px; } .UserToolbarImage{ border:medium none; cursor:hand; background-color:#BFBAB7; text-align:center; } .UserToolBarImageArea{ padding-bottom:5px; font-weight:normal; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .UserToolbarSelectedImage{ border-right:medium none; border-top:medium none; border-left:medium none; border-bottom:#000000 1px solid; font-weight:bold; vertical-align:top; text-align:center; } .UserGenericHeader{ font-weight:bold; color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .UserGeneric{ padding:8px 5px 7px 5px; } .UserGenericText{ color:#6A6A6A; } .UserGenericBody{ padding:5px 0px 0px 17px; } .UserSectionTitle{ font-weight:bold; width:100%; margin-bottom:5px; padding-bottom:2px; border-bottom:solid 1px #B0B0B0; color:#6A6A6A; } .UserSectionHead{ width:100%; padding:0px 0px 3px 0px; color:#6A6A6A; } .UserSectionFooter{ color:#6A6A6A; border-top:solid 1px #B0B0B0; } .UserSectionBody{ width:100%; padding:0px 0px 0px 7px; } .UserControlGroup{ padding-bottom:10px; padding-top:2px; } .UserFooter{ width:100%; padding:10px 7px 7px 7px; } .UserCommandArea{ padding-top:7px; } .UserToolbar{ background-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/toolgrad_journal.gif'); border:1px solid #6D6D6D; background-repeat:repeat-x; background-color:transparent } .UserCellSelected{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding:1px 4px 2px 4px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border:solid 1px #D5A002; color:#6A6A6A; } .UserCell{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding:2px 5px 3px 5px; color:#6A6A6A; } .UserGenericBulletItem{ padding-bottom:2px; } .ms-ToolPaneFrame{ padding:0px; background-color:#DFDFD0; } .ms-ToolPaneBody{ padding-bottom:2px; padding-top:2px; } .ms-ToolPaneHeader{ background-color:#B0B0B0; border-style:none; } .ms-ToolPaneBorder{ border-right:#C3C3C3 1px solid; border-top:solid none; border-bottom:solid none; border-left:#C3C3C3 1px solid; } .ms-ToolPaneClose{ background-color:#B0B0B0; } .ms-ToolPaneTitle{ color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:bold; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding-top:3px; padding-bottom:3px; background-color:#B0B0B0; } .ms-ToolPaneFooter{ background-color:#B0B0B0; padding:5px; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; } .ms-ToolPaneError{ color:#db6751; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding:2px; } .ms-ToolPaneInfo{ padding-right:5px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:0px; padding-left:5px; color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color:#C3C3C3; } .ms-ToolPartSpacing{ padding-top:8px; } .ms-TPBorder{ border:none; } .ms-TPHeader{ background-color:#FF996D; } .ms-TPTitle{ color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:bold; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding-top:2px; padding-bottom:2px; } .ms-TPBody{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-TPBody a:link, .ms-TPBody a:visited, .ms-TPBody a:hover{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; cursor:hand; } .ms-TPCommands{ } .ms-TPInput{ color:#000000; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-CategoryTitle{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; } .ms-PropGridBuilderButton{ border:solid 1px #6a6a6a; width:16px; display:none; background-color:#B0B0B0; } .ms-SPZone{ border:#6D6D6D 1px solid; padding:5px; } .ms-SPZoneSelected{ border:#C3C3C3 1px solid; padding:5px; } .ms-SPZoneIBar{ border:#C3C3C3 3px solid; } .ms-SPZoneLabel{ color:#6D6D6D; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding:0; } .ms-SPError{ color:#DB6751; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; padding-right:2px; padding-top:2px; padding-bottom:2px; padding-left:2px; border-bottom:#C3C3C3 2px solid; } .ms-SPZoneCaption{ color:#6D6D6D; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-WPDesign{ background-color:#C3C3C3; } .ms-WPMenu{ background-color:#C3C3C3; } .ms-WPTitle{ font-weight:bold; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#6A6A6A; padding-top:2px; padding-bottom:2px; } .ms-WPTitle a:link, .ms-WPTitle a:visited{ color:#6A6A6A; text-decoration:none; cursor:hand; } .ms-WPTitle A:hover{ color:#8000FF; text-decoration:underline; cursor:hand; } .ms-WPSelected{ border:#d03505 3px dashed; } .ms-WPBody{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-WPBody table, .ms-TPBody table{ } .ms-WPBody a:link, .ms-WPBody a:visited{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-WPBody A:hover{ color:#FFA800; text-decoration:underline; } .ms-WPBody th, .ms-TPBody th{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-WPBody td{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-WPBody h1, .ms-TPBody h1{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-WPBody h2, .ms-TPBody h2{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-WPBody h3, .ms-TPBody h3{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-WPBody h4, .ms-TPBody h4{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-WPBody h5, .ms-TPBody h5{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-WPBody h6, .ms-TPBody h6{ font-weight:bold; } .ms-WPBorder{ border-right:#FF996D 1px solid; border-left:#FF996D 1px solid; border-top-style:none; border-bottom:#FF996D 1px solid; } .ms-HoverCellActive{ border:#d03505 1px solid; background-color:#B0B0B0; } .ms-HoverCellActiveDark{ border:solid 1px #FF996D; background-color:#C3C3C3; } .ms-SPLink{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color:#d03505; } .ms-SPLink a:link, .ms-SPLink a:visited{ color:#d03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-SPButton{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-PartSpacingVertical, .ms-PartSpacingHorizontal{ padding-top:10px; } .ms-WPHeader{ background-color:#DFDFD0; background-image:url('../../../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/FrontPageTempDir/mstheme/journal/partgrad.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x } .ms-PageHeaderDate{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-PageHeaderGreeting{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-rtApplyBackground{ background-color:#D9D9D9; border:0.02cm solid #00; } .ms-rtRemoveBackground{ background-color:transparent; border:0.02cm solid #FFFFFF; } .ms-rtToolbarDefaultStyle{ font:normal 8pt Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-subsmanageheader{ background-color:#DFDFD0; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; vertical-align:top; } .ms-subsmanagecell{ color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; height:18px; vertical-align:top; } .ms-ConnError{ color:#db6751; } .ms-storMeUsed{ background-color:#FF3C00; } .ms-storMeFree{ background-color:#DF9300; } .ms-storMeEstimated{ background-color:#FFA800; } .ms-underline{ vertical-align:top; border-bottom:1px solid #D03505; padding-left:4; padding-right:4; padding-top:2; padding-bottom:4; } .ms-underlineback{ vertical-align:top; border-bottom:1px solid #D03505; padding-left:4; padding-right:4; padding-top:2; padding-bottom:4; background-color:#DFDFD0; } .ms-smallheader{ font-weight:bold; color:#6A6A6A; font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; } .ms-smallsectionline{ padding-left:0; padding-right:0; padding-top:2; padding-bottom:0; border-bottom:1px solid #D03505; } .ms-tabselected{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color:#9A9A9A; border-right:#9A9A9A 2px solid; border-left:#9A9A9A 2px solid; border-top:#9A9A9A 2px solid; border-bottom:#9A9A9A 2px solid; font-weight:bold; padding-top:3px; padding-bottom:3px; padding-left:10px; padding-right:10px; color:#FFFFFF; } .ms-tabinactive{ font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color:#DFDFD0; border-right:#DFDFD0 2px solid; border-left:#DFDFD0 2px solid; border-top:#DFDFD0 2px solid; border-bottom:#DFDFD0 2px solid; padding-top:3px; padding-bottom:3px; padding-right:10px; padding-left:10px; color:#D03505; } .ms-tabinactive a:link, .ms-tabinactive a:hover, .ms-tabinactive a:visited{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-surveyVBarT{ font-size:7pt; font-family:verdana; text-align:center; color:#6D6D6D; } .ms-surveyGVVBar{ width:9px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border-top-color:#FFFFFF; border-top-style:solid; border-top-width:0px; border-bottom-color:#000000; border-bottom-style:solid; border-bottom-width:0px; } .ms-surveyGVVBarS{ width:20px; } .ms-uploadborder{ border:1px solid #000000; } .ms-uploadcontrol{ background-color:#D9D9D9; } .ms-highlight{ background-color:#D0AA7B; } .UserBackground{ background-color:#FFFFFF; } .ms-MWSSelectedInstance{ color:#6A6A6A; text-decoration:none; } .ms-MWSInstantiated a:link, .ms-MWSInstantiated a:visited{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-MWSInstantiated a:hover{ color:#FFA800; text-decoration:underline; } .ms-MWSUninstantiated a:link, .ms-MWSUninstantiated a:visited{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:none; } .ms-MWSUninstantiated a:hover{ color:#D03505; text-decoration:underline; } .ms-ToolStrip{ color:#6A6A6A; background-color:#DFDFD0; border-left:#6D6D6D 1px solid; border-right:#6D6D6D 1px solid; border-top:#6D6D6D 1px solid; border-bottom:#6D6D6D 1px solid; } **> </style>

Can you tell us a little why this is so important?

I try to get the customer to meet me at the job for a number of reasons.

To meet him (or her)
To let them meet me
To impart an air of professionalism.
And, to see what I am getting in to

I try to make an appointment geared to his or her schedule. If I make one for 4:00 on Tuesday, I get there at 3:00 to walk the property and make notes. I make sure I look "Service Professional". Clean company T-Shirt, clean pants (I wear blue work pants). I keep a bussiness like hair cut like what they would see if they went into a proffesional entity like a bank. I work overtime at being polite and start by asking questions of them. I don't start a sales presenttion until after they get a chance to present their wants, needs, and expectations.

I never try to upsell until after I actually start the job. You have to build their confidence in you (not your company).

I always thank them for the opportunity to serve them (in those exact words) and leave them with a few business cards. I ask them only once if they are interested or if they would need time to discuss with their spouse, associates etc.

Always follow up

Steve

Steve
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Those are great points for everyone to consider.

Do you have a suggestion or advice for Mark what he should say in a letter to these real estate agents?

swstout
03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Those are great points for everyone to consider.

Do you have a suggestion or advice for Mark what he should say in a letter to these real estate agents?

Mark,

When people go looking at new homes, the first thing they see the for sale sigh on a lawn. Point out in your letter that great curb appeal (what the whole property offers to their minds eye). After all they don't want to loose a perspective because the lawn reminds him of all the work he will have to make it presentable.

Assure them that you want to be a partner of sorts. You would like to put up an info display at their open houses, that you can direct prospects to them.

Plan your letter to not only cover lawn care, but also, how you can be a service to them professionally. How you could be a form of free advertisement. Plan to have a yard sign that has a place for an advertisement for them for your other jobs - a are you looking for a new home? type piggyback sign.

Get the free RE magazines from your local grocery store and digest it. Know their marketing ploys, their "this will get you interested phrases and slogans". Use this as your marketing plan to them!

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steve
03-24-2009, 08:43 PM
How important is the presentation of the yard when it is trying to be sold? Should you suggest services like flower planting or even of bringing in flowers that are planted in large plants for their open house days to lighten up the area?

swstout
03-24-2009, 09:05 PM
How important is the presentation of the yard when it is trying to be sold? Should you suggest services like flower planting or even of bringing in flowers that are planted in large plants for their open house days to lighten up the area?

When the time is right. We had a hard frost here 2 days ago. And putting potted plants out is also a problem. There seems to be an organized crime wave here. Houses with a For Sale sign out that is not occupied is very likely to be robbed. The thieves are brazen. They pull up in a truck with signs on it and neighbors just assume they are supposed to be there. They steal the heat pumps, and appliances. Nighttime thefts are also a big problem.

I purchased my house here a year ago. I closed on it on October 15th., 2007 and moved in Oct 31st after going back to NY and packing up and moving back. When I got here, my back door was missing along with my ref., stove,dishwasher, and my heat pump and compressor. The ref wouldn't fit out the back door so they took the door and tore out the door frame to make it large enough. Fortunately, I had insurance so all I had to come up with was the $500.00 deductible.

The RE's and banks are just beginning to put battery powered alarms on the properties. They don't seem to be helping much; to easy to circumvent or not loud enough.

I can always upsell when the weather stabilizes.

Steve