PDA

View Full Version : rep power

lawn-guy
03-23-2009, 10:44 PM
i have noticed that no one on this forum really uses the rep power option why is that?it is a hit on the other forums i visit that offer it

if u r not sure what im talking about if u look in the top right hand corner of the post you are reading you will see a little scale(judicial looking scale-weights n mesures) if u click on it you can approve or dis approve of a topic or something someone has said it works great as a tool because after a little time you can get a idea of who knows what and an overall review of them.
its pretty simple and you can even leave a message for the person u are + reping or -reping

swstout
03-24-2009, 01:08 AM
i have noticed that no one on this forum really uses the rep power option why is that?it is a hit on the other forums i visit that offer it

if u r not sure what im talking about if u look in the top right hand corner of the post you are reading you will see a little scale(judicial looking scale-weights n mesures) if u click on it you can approve or dis approve of a topic or something someone has said it works great as a tool because after a little time you can get a idea of who knows what and an overall review of them.
its pretty simple and you can even leave a message for the person u are + reping or -reping

Until reading this post, I had no Idea what the Rep Power was. I had noticed when I logged in but had no idea what it meant! I can now see what you are talking about. I must admit, I was glueless.

Steve

Steve
03-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I think the best way to get this used more is to give rep power to others when you like their post. Then other members will get the idea more and pass it along.

SuperiorPower
03-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Something else that you can do (but something I have seldom done) is rate the thread itself. I think the whole reputation thing is a great tool say for new folks to come to this site and see "so and so has a good rep on this site. when they say something it is likely true." On the flip side, it can be abused but I don't think anyone here has intentions of abusing it. I simply don't want to see this become what I saw happen on another site. Here is how that system was abused:

Reputation became a BIG thing. They gave you so many points for inviting other people to the site. So many points for starting a thread. So many points for posting a reply. so many points for taking this quiz, so many points for taking that quiz, blah, blah, blah. The next thing I knew, it appeared that reputation became much more important than website and thread content. People were starting stupid threads just so they would have something to post to. People would post "bump", which could be used to keep an important thread back up to the top for folks to see, but folks would start a thread to see how many times they could bump it and create points for themselves. needless to say many of the folks who were interested in content eventually left and went to another site with no such "contests" and that was content based....

Steve
03-24-2009, 07:08 PM
That is a good point.

Another thing I have tried to do is use the tag feature at the bottom to help the post be better found later.

musician/lawnman
03-24-2009, 10:40 PM
You see "bump" on ******** alot.

I have noticed in my control panel I have like 35 points, but only 2 rep power? What is the conversion or corralation bettween the two?

Steve
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I have noticed in my control panel I have like 35 points, but only 2 rep power? What is the conversion or corralation bettween the two?

I dont know :)

lawn-guy
03-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I dont know :)

i believe you get one from jump street and then every time u rep some one or the rep u (+) you accumilate more points as well as alot of post will get u more points

Little's
03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I could use some repping guys :)

lawn-guy
03-26-2009, 12:19 AM
You see "bump" on ******** alot.

i have one green box with a rep power of one but i have 22 rep point available