PDA

View Full Version : #3 on Google for over 6 BILLION returns?!!!

SprinklerRepair
03-23-2009, 04:55 PM
This site of mine is less than a year old, and ranks #3 on Google for over 6 billion competing pages. This is not like trying to rank for "lawn care Butt Nowhere Idaho" only 40 thousand returns.
This is competing with the SEO PRO's in the business.
The two sites above me? The first is Rutgers University and the second is nine years old. Look at the .edu's and .org's ranking below me.
How did I do it in such a competitive market? Is it because I'm some kind of genius? Hardly. I had to PM Steve to ask him how to start a new thread! I'm actually kind of a moron when it comes to technology.
But I know this stuff from years of trial and error (mostly errors, thats what it takes to learn something)
I lay it all all out in the free (for a little while longer) "Dothan Lawn Care Caper".
If you think these tatics don't work, see for yourself. I'm #3, BetterMosquitoControl.com

See for yourself http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=home+mosquito+control&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

This works. The proof is in the SERP's.

Be #1 on Google

Just try it!

Beat the crap outa your competitors online

Steve
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I haven't done any research on this but are there charts that show how many clicks the first ranking will get compared to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

SprinklerRepair
03-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Getting clicks is something different. Of course the more SE visibility you have the more traffic you will get.
Still, you need to "sell the click" in your description.

I use my description as a "pre-qualifer" by putting the price in the description (I don't need traffic from people that only want to spend $50), and then state "Mosquito magnets and traps don't work, and mosquito misting systems ..." as a way to hopefully have searchers want to read more.

For local ********s I suggest selling the click with something exclusive for online visitors like "download 10% off coupon" or "free online lawn care check list" or "is your lawn care company making these common mistakes? Download our free report".

Steve
03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Now is this something a lawn care business should put in their page title? Or how can they get that information to appear on the search engine results?

SprinklerRepair
03-24-2009, 06:08 PM
The description is in the meta data of the page code. It is what shows up for searchers when they are on an SE. For example:

title-ButtLick Ga. Lawn Care Service-title
"Description" content="ButtLick Ga. landscaping|lawn service. Estimates are always on time. Download free one week trial coupon! "

Compare to this:

title-Bobs Lawn Care Service-title
"Description" content="Bobs landscaping|lawn service. Mowing, weedeating, shrub pruning, clean ups "

Let's say Bob is #1 and ButtLick is #4. I would bet the farm that ButtLick gets a least double the clicks that Bob gets.

Remember, the 2009 Nielsen report stated that 82% of people looking for local services looked on line first.

wdcutter
03-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I just got my site to the point to where I activated the new look and have downloaded the e-book. I've been going through it and have set up some of these things and will continue to work on it until the season gets started here in Maine.
I know that I got tired of clicking to find my site, which I never did, to be honest I gave up looking for it and I know that if its back that far it will never get seen, which means no calls.
I can't remember what the average page count is, but I know that people will only go a few pages in before stopping the search.

Steve
03-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh very fascinating! What things have you been doing so far to improve your search engine ranking?

picframer
03-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I just got my site to the point to where I activated the new look and have downloaded the e-book. I've been going through it and have set up some of these things and will continue to work on it until the season gets started here in Maine.
I know that I got tired of clicking to find my site, which I never did, to be honest I gave up looking for it and I know that if its back that far it will never get seen, which means no calls.
I can't remember what the average page count is, but I know that people will only go a few pages in before stopping the search.

There are a lot of things you can do to increase your ranking, even bring it to the top of the search engines without spending any cash. The Internet is like having the worlds largest library at your fingertips.

I note you have listed your company with a number of local websites that promote local companies, that is excellent and keep digging as there are lots. Register also with google maps, this can bring you to the front in a hurray.

There is a software called Web CEO and I am pretty certain they have a trial period, it is an amazing tool to help you, it will submit your site to whatever search engines you select, analyse your site, compare your site to those of the competition and the list goes on. First thing I would do is find local companies that are in lawn care that have websites and write them down, the software will then help you increase your ranking, best of all it's free.

Have you used any software yet to submit your site?

Good luck
Andy

wdcutter
03-24-2009, 09:53 PM
am working on the keywords at the moment, but have updated the ping list and have tried some SEO plugins.

Steve
03-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Ahh! Very neat! Are you going to be adding articles to your site as a blog?

SprinklerRepair
03-25-2009, 07:33 AM
WdCutter,
I looked at your title description and it says "DOWN TO EARTH Lawn & Property Maintenance" . Google cuts off titles at 25 characters.
Maybe try "DOWN TO EARTH Lawn|Norway ME"

Your description tag also lacks your city "Lawn & Property Maintenance".
Maybe add a city or two here as well.

Remember, you are not trying to rank for "Lawn and Property Maintenance", you want to rank for "Lawn and Property Maintenance Norway ME"

"Lawn Maintenance Norway ME" has 76,000 returns. This should be easy if your competitors are not doing the e-book tactics. You are #1 in the Google business results, but ranking your site will bring more traffic.

get more customers, spend less money

SprinklerRepair
03-25-2009, 09:04 AM
for "lawn service Norway ME"
I'm using a free SEO plugin tool for Fire Fox browsers that you can get
My biggest suggestion for wdcutter would be to put up some videos
Even doing just some of those tactics would own that page, but video especially. We even show you how to make a Power Point video that sells using free tools.

If your competition has this and you don't, you lose

wdcutter
03-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Ahh! Very neat! Are you going to be adding articles to your site as a blog?
Steve,
I will be adding some articles, its a wordpress blog that has been set up like a newspaper with a feature spot then all the articles and post show up as mini-post that can be expanded.

Craig,
I went to check out the videos and signed up for them, but I lost the sound card in my computer. So will have to wait til I get the new sound card.
I wrote my first article last night and posted it today, like you mentioned.

Andy,
I haven't used any software as of yet, have been doing it manually so far. I'm headed to web CEO later on.