PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor power equipment store promotion idea

Steve
03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
I know we have a bunch of outdoor power equipment store owners in the forum and I was thinking of a way to draw in a crowd on a weekend.

I had a chance recently to see a bunch of chain saw carvings made by this artist and I thought they were fascinating!

Now what you could do at first is find a local artist that is looking to display their wood carvings. Let them display their products for free at your store or in front of your store if they provide a weekend show of their carving process. Then maybe once a month you could give away a carving to those who show up and watch the show. The carvings could be done out in front of the building to attract more people.

Maybe offer some sodas or food there as well.

Once a year or maybe twice a year have some kind of wood carving competition and offer a prize. This could be a great way to draw people in and get them to vote. They could also bid on the carvings!

You could get this started by posting in craigslist for some artists that want to show off their skills. I know I would love to see this and I'd love to learn how they do it.

It could be very exciting!

Come up with different themes each month. Maybe auction off the designed piece for a local charity! Can you imagine an artist designing something maybe soldier related and give the money to a local V.F.W.? WOW that would be so outstanding! Everyone would benefit from it. You could send a press release to the local paper and get the organization to show up to get a picture taken in front of your store with you and the artist!

While everyone is there, you would have a great chance to show off all your new products or specials.

This could even be done at a landscapers office as well.