PDA

View Full Version : This has nothing to do with the lawn care business

swstout
03-22-2009, 02:22 AM
I was just informed that my youngest son was awarded the Silver Star on his 3rd tour in Irag. He isa on his way home with non life threatening wounds (burns to his hands and chest and a bullet wound in his left leg). He soon will get to meet his first child (a son).

Steve
03-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Oh WoW!

Can you tell us what a silver star is? I don't know anything about that.

SuperiorPower
03-22-2009, 08:16 AM
I hope he heals quickly and tell him thanks for serving our great country.

musician/lawnman
03-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Congratulations on your son's return! Tell him we thank him for his services & welcome home!

Silver Star
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Silver Star is the third highest military decoration that can be awarded to a member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces. It is also the third highest award given for valor (in the face of the enemy).
The Silver Star is awarded for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States not justifying a higher award. It may be awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Armed Forces, distinguishes himself or herself by extraordinary heroism involving one of the following actions:

In action against an enemy of the United States
While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force
While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party

lawn-guy
03-22-2009, 11:41 PM
send my wishes for a speedy recovery and thank him for me for all that he has sacrificed for this country they trully do not get the recognition they deserve also tell him congrats on the new baby boy hopefully he will raise him to be a upstanding son like you have with him

swstout
03-23-2009, 12:02 AM
I thank everyone. He is due to fly in here on Thursday and will have 90 days leave. His wife and son will be here on Wednesday.

Steve

usmcman001
03-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Please tell him thanks from a MARINE and prior war veteran. This is a big deal for those who do not know. The Silver Star is not given for just anything, it has to be over the top valor! OOH-RAH! These types of things make we wanna go back more and more knowing there are brothers wanting to risk it all to save someone else. Thanks again.