PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen?

Steve
04-20-2006, 07:58 PM
How often do you get marketing material sent to your home or flyers/door hangers put on your door from other lcos?

Do you save them to compare with your marketing material?

kc2006
04-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I always save anything I find on customers lawns or ones that are dropped off here. I used to get almost mad about it, but any more I look at what their marketing material looks like and compair it to mine. I had a very nice package left from "tee time lawn care" I think they're a chain, had an estimate sheet, with an evaluation of the lawn, personalized header, coupons, a small brochure showing about the company. Other then that, all the other ones I've seen are horrible looking.

I was starting a post this morning on here about what kind of advertising is best, a cheap looking flyer to generate calls and then sell yourself once your there, or an elaborate flyer that might get fewer calls due to you looking expensive, but those fewer calls would probably be more quality calls that require less of a sales presentation.

tiedeman
04-20-2006, 11:33 PM
So far I have only seen doorhangers once, which looked horrible

Most lawn care companies here advertise with ads in the newspapers. I tried that before in the past, about 5 to 7 years ago, and it was a failure

Steve
04-21-2006, 01:58 AM
I think you always need to work with what you have and scale up as you go.

That way you are not spending more than you are able to and you are learning what kind of customers you want to target.

I am so looking forwards to hearing about your door hangers Kurt.

kc2006
04-21-2006, 08:17 AM
I think the doorhangers are going to hit the perfect time, we have a booming number of part time and unlegit "companies" out right now, more then any other spring I've seen. And it seemed last year I got a second hit of calls towards mid May. So I'm thinking these doorhangers going out end of next week will be a good time.

Steve
04-21-2006, 06:10 PM
You are going to knock your competitors out of the ballpark. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif