PDA

View Full Version : Weed Control Product

Spartan
03-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Question for you guys~

What is a good liquid weed control to use in my backpack sprayer for Spot Weeding. I currently use Image Herbicide Consumer Concentrate 24oz. I mix it correctly for a 4 gallon tank, but just wondering it this is good or if there's something better for a Selective Herbicide.

Thanks,

Mr. Spartan

Little's
03-21-2009, 01:44 PM
By selective herbicide you mean just for certain types of weeds? I just use Super Concentrate Round-Up. It is $100 per gallon, but will mix up to 84 gallons of spray and will kill anything. Ive been using the same gallon for almost 2 years!

As a side note, people that are not licensed to spray may be able to use vinegar or salt as both work fairly well at killing weeds. Salt will change PH in the soil and prevent anything from growing for a while, but vinegar allows things to be replanted or seeded in only a few days. Rain effects these items so watch the weather before using.

lawn-guy
03-21-2009, 10:07 PM
round up quick pro mixed with piramatol

swstout
03-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Question for you guys~

What is a good liquid weed control to use in my backpack sprayer for Spot Weeding. I currently use Image Herbicide Consumer Concentrate 24oz. I mix it correctly for a 4 gallon tank, but just wondering it this is good or if there's something better for a Selective Herbicide.

Thanks,

Mr. Spartan

Most weeds take in nitrogen faster than grass. Often concentrated fertilizer solution (one cup mixed to one gallon of water) will burn out the weeds without harming the grass. Experiment with it on a small area to see how effective it is and adjust the mixture. Depending on the weeds, it can be a cheep solution.

I experimented on my own lawn first. The one cup to one gallon worked well. I got this from the Cornell University agriculture website.

Steve
swstout

lawnofthemonth
03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
i use trimec southern for my lawns(st.augustine).